Worst IB schedule?

max0005

Our school starts 8:30am then lunch at 10:20 (ridiculously early)

lunch finishes at 11:00am and the classes go til 2:00pm non stop.

1hr for each class and 5 classes per day.

I have Chemistry HL everyday (4 classes a week and 1 compulsory tutorial) :bawling: :bawling:

In terms of IB exams this november, I have french p1 p2 chem p1 and p2 all on one day.

I have to be at school from 8am to 5pm or something. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: we hardly get breaks T.T

It would be so strange for me to go to a school that didn't have block scheduling. The way my school plans block scheduling is that we have two different days, A and B. A and B has 4 different classes for 95 minutes each. Mondays and Wednesdays are A days, Tuesdays and Thursdays are B days, and Fridays alternate. Because my school is so small, our schedule usually stays the same for both semesters in a school year. I would get so confused if I had different classes and lengths everyday.

My A day classes are Psychology HL, German B SL, Chemistry SL and AP Calculus AB. My B day classes are teacher aide for photography, Theory of Knowledge, English A HL, and History of the Americas HL. I hate my A days! :blum: It's so much work all in one day! I could not care less for Chemistry and Calculus because I have a general disdain for the sciences. The only science I love is social science, so Psychology is fine, and I love how it overlaps with the humanities. My B days, which definitely revolve around the humanities, are definitely so much more relaxed and allow me to catch up on sleep from A day!

Edited by christran

I don't remember what the afternoon was, but the morning was TRIPLE GERMAN. Yep. Three consecutive hours of German with a short 15 minute break between the second and third hour. OH, and the lessons were one-to-one. Just me and the teacher. I still dream about it sometimes...

In my year there are about 250 students, only 2 of whom (including me) take IB German. So last week we have a double period German & somehow we don't hear one of the bells ring I guess-- we end up doing 3 periods of German instead and I miss my sociology class. :) No break.

i hate Wednesdays.

English HL

English HL

English HL

Polish HL

Polish HL

Polish HL

History HL

History HL

History HL

7.30 - 15.55 non stop ._.'

what the freak??! I never thought there was a school worse than mine!! we start at 7.25 and finish at 15.25, but we get two breaks, 35 min each!

you seriously get no snack/lunch break?? your school is SO crazy D: D:

what the freak??! I never thought there was a school worse than mine!! we start at 7.25 and finish at 15.25, but we get two breaks, 35 min each!

i've meant i don't have any break longer than 20 min (ther's only 1 like this btw), 1x15min and few 10min, but that's still a lot :x

Edited by Rainbow Dash

i've meant i don't have any break longer than 20 min (ther's only 1 like this btw), 1x15min and few 10min, but that's still a lot :x

I have one 25 min break. I hate it. Last year we had 20 min and it was fine. 25 is just too much. What can you do in 25 minutes, honestly... I just get frustrated, I'd rather have a lesson already and just go home this 5 minutes earlier.

Our schedule is quite complicated, we have only ~30 ppl on 1 year, and all os us have chosen different subjects, so situations like my friend's, when he's got lessons like: maths HL x3, 5h of spare time and then geo SL x2 are quite normal... that's just plain stupid, you start @ 7.30, have classes until 10.00, then you have nothing to do and finally come back @15.00 to sit at geo classes 'till 16.45 ._.'

Edited by Rainbow Dash

well I guess we're quite lucky. in my sister's school (a national private school <_<) they only have two breaks, 15 minutes each. seriously?! what can we do in 15 min!? my sister sometimes can't finish eating in one break -.-

and I envy you people who have lots of free periods! we don't get them unless we're taking cert. our schedule goes according subject group so nobody have a free period unless they're not taking a subject group i.e. cert instead of full diploma. :(

and I envy you people who have lots of free periods! we don't get them unless we're taking cert. our schedule goes according subject group so nobody have a free period unless they're not taking a subject group i.e. cert instead of full diploma. :(

Last year, I envied 2012 people that they had free periods. I couldn't wait to have a free period. Now I'm not that enthusiastic about it. Take today. I have 2 hours of English and then I have to wait 2 hours for a one, single hour of Maths. It's simply frustrating. I hate Tuesdays, I'm tired not because of the lessons but of all the waiting. And since I'm the only one that have this 2 hours free, it's not even fun. On Friday I have a free hour with, like, 10 or 12 people. Now, this is actually fun. :D

you don't get it, use your free periods to finish your assignments! so you can rest or chill at home. if you end up just chatting with people, wasting time, of course you feel that free periods are useless!

in 3 months or less I reckon you'll realise how useful free periods can be :o

Well, I actually do my homework and stuff during my free periods, but I find it that it's difficult for me to fully focus at school on anything more sophisticated than English homework. :)

I don't know what you guys are talking about with "doubles"

but I really wish I had one-on-one classes with the teachers, how did you manage to get that?

My worst semester is right now. Everyday is the same schedule. 4 75 min periods

1. HL Biology

2. HL World Geography

3. HL English A1

4. HL Chemistry

It thoroughly sucks, especially since all of my classes have about 30 kids. I totally wish it could be smaller, so I could actually ask questions and not just be ignored. I also have a terribly kind schedule that decided all of my HL courses had better run at once.