CAS question

KIKE12

For CAS do we need to have 75 community hours for both our junior and senior year or can i just have like one big community service project where i have like 175 hours in the summer going into my senior year and have this count for the 150 hours.

Please help me im really confused

[quote name='KIKE12' post='12703' date='Mar 11 2008, 07:31 PM']For CAS do we need to have 75 community hours for both our junior and senior year or can i just have like one big community service project where i have like 175 hours in the summer going into my senior year and have this count for the 150 hours.

Please help me im really confused.[/quote]

Ok.. Basically the CAS is an acronym for Creativity, Action and Service (like the forum states). You have to have 50 hours at least for each category, which adds up to 150 hours minimum. You CAN NOT engage in one activity and count it as the whole CAS. You should have more than one activity per category. Also, it depends on your school - the method they count the CAS hours and what each activity counts is different from one school to another. Talk to your CAS coordinator and see what he/she says. :lol:

I think I get what you mean.

Some schools are really hardcore and want to even out your collection of hours to having about half done junior year and the last half done senior year.

Some schools are more lax and will be fine with you just getting your hours done. If you need to have part of your hours done for junior year your school should give you a deadline. For example, the deadline for our school is in May to finish about half of all our hours.

So really it depends on your school. And if you need a certain amount of hours finished for junior year your school will give you a deadline.