Sign in to follow this  

What's the best way to study/review for HL chem?

My first day back in chemistry left me in shock. The teacher that we had last year who had taught HL chem for several years no longer teaches it and we now have a teacher who A) has never taught IB chemistry or even in IB before and B) hasn't even taught before! I'm not saying she's a bad teacher but I have a bad feeling that we're not going to accomplish much this year.

Being a person who's aiming for a 6 or 7 in chemistry I think I'm going to end up having to learn a lot of the material on my own. So all you chemistry people who've taken the exam before, what's the best way to go about learning the material? I have the Pearson Baccalaureate HL chemistry book and the Neuss study guide, as well as all my notes from IB1. How often should I review the material? Should I go in order of the topics or skip around based on what I need?

My first day back in chemistry left me in shock. The teacher that we had last year who had taught HL chem for several years no longer teaches it and we now have a teacher who A) has never taught IB chemistry or even in IB before and B) hasn't even taught before! I'm not saying she's a bad teacher but I have a bad feeling that we're not going to accomplish much this year.

Being a person who's aiming for a 6 or 7 in chemistry I think I'm going to end up having to learn a lot of the material on my own. So all you chemistry people who've taken the exam before, what's the best way to go about learning the material? I have the Pearson Baccalaureate HL chemistry book and the Neuss study guide, as well as all my notes from IB1. How often should I review the material? Should I go in order of the topics or skip around based on what I need?

Have you considered the Colourful Solutions Software?

It depends on which topic you're right now.

If you are too left behind, i would rather study the topics that haven't been done... You should revise once a week, if you can, except if it's an exam.