Bacterium lab ideas?

Emma :)

I have been given a bacterium lab to design given the following bacterium to chose from;

Pseudomonas Putida

Escherichia Coli

Baciullus subtilis

Kocuria rhizophila (Microccus luteus)

I have no idea at all as to what I should test and which bacterium to use, any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Guest KAPOWW!!

I have been given a bacterium lab to design given the following bacterium to chose from;

Pseudomonas Putida

Escherichia Coli

Baciullus subtilis

Kocuria rhizophila (Microccus luteus)

I have no idea at all as to what I should test and which bacterium to use, any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Hey there! here's what I could think of, its just rough sorry, but I have a minute to work with.

You can do a data collection on gram-staning (your teacher will love you sudden enthusiasm on this).

If you do your research you'll find that E.coli is gram-negative and B.subtilis is gram-postive. As a result the cell wall one of the cells walls is impervious to the red stain. Hence it can be DC if you just establish a comparative between your results and, this will help you with Bio on the whole so its a good idea to along with gram-staining. Check it out here. Hope I helped! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Your main focus could be either: a factor which affects one of these bacterium OR controlling a variable (e.g. a certain temperature) and comparing the growth between the different bacteria.

A factor could be either:

• temperature
  • light
  • cleaning products
  • moisture

You could investigate this with an agar plate or measuring the inhibition zone (if you are testing a factor like cleaning products)