Studying in France

sarahlouise

Hey everyone,

So I'm sort of interested in the possibility of studying in France, because I love learning the language and would hope to continue it, whether studying there or just taking lessons or whatever.

My question is: How hard would it be to study at a French University having only done French B in IB? Would the level of French be far too hard?

Are classes taught at all in English, or how does it work with international students?

Thanks for any responses!

Have you thought of doing a couple of years at an English-speaking uni (I'm guessing an Australian one), and along with your preferred degree, studying French, then, going overseas as an exchange student? That's what I plan to do :) It might be a bit easier, however, for French B I'm guessing you're almost/very nearly fluent? So it shouldn't be too hard :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It depends on how passionate you are about the language and how good you really are.

Like me, I've always been in love with French. I started in 6th grade, and now I'm a senior, and my teacher considers me fluent. I do want to move to Paris and study there, all in French. But there are other outside factors.

My answer is just that it depends on how hard you've worked throughout IB to be good at French. There are people in my class who have had all this French (French 5/6--I'm in French 6) and they still can't speak the language.

Good luck with everything! :) I'm sure you'll do fine

• Like 1