The use of stage direction and dialogue and their effects in Death and the Maiden and The Doll's House

BraZ

The use of stage direction and dialogue, and their effects on character conflicts of Death and the Maiden and The Doll's House

This is the title of my essay, i now simply need help with the structure of my essay

Please post feedback and suggestions

My final world literature essay is due in 130 hours.....

Ok i have defined the title as being

The use of stage direction and dialogue, and their effects on character conflicts of Death and the Maiden and The Doll's House

Could people please post suggestions and ideas on the structuring of the essay + other points you deem helpful

Edited by Summer Glau

okay so, i have one question. How come you chose topics that you don't understand?? I say re-think your questions and choose something that may be a bit easier for you to understand and approach. Sadly, i haven't read any of those books which have been prescribed to you for your WL, otherwise i would have gladly helped you:)

But i have to say that the second topic you've chosen does sound more interesting than the first.

So what you should do is first do an outline. Once that is done, writing up the actual essay will take you max 3 hours.

This is a suggestion how you can do your outline.

1) Write out your introduction in FULL, exactly how you would want it to appear in your essay.

2) - Rule your page in half and write there 10 points (minimum)this will form the body of your essay. On one side write about the women and on the other side the men (since i think you're only using one book?? though aren't you supposed to use two? i dont know, just re-check)

- for the points, make sure you include a quote from the passage suuporting your claims (having a a quote for EVERY point is essential to get high scores) as well as page reference and if it is a play, the line, scene and act reference. (this will make referencing a breeze)

3)Write out your conclusion in FULL, exactly how you would want it to appear in your essay.

Hope that helped you to SOME extent=)

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for your thoughts on the topic, although i have chosen to go for my second option, but will still implement your ideas on that topic

The reason i went with the first is the simplest fact that its quite unique and is rather something that doesnt come to mind straight away, whereas the second is pretty much the obvious first pick of most people

Help on the structure / approach is much appreciated

Edited by Summer Glau

You can compare and contrast the two stories when it comes to the diaologue, then the stage direction, then at the end, put it all together and use effects to conclude everything.

For example:

I. Introduction

II. Compare and Contrast the 2 in terms of Dialogue

III. Compare and Contrast the 2 in terms of Stage Direction

IV. From the evidences in the compare and contrast part of the 2, use it as evidence to tell of the effects.

V. Make Conclusions based on the effects, and relate the two together, and show how they affect each other.

VI. End with a stunning conclusion.

You can do this!