New to TOK

xoxokat

It really isn't depending on the type of person you are. Basically, if you self-reflect and think a lot, keep an open mind, you are fine. Trust me, the only thing that might give you a plus from there is good writing skills and a good sense of debating and discussion. I think TOK is the easiest course so far of all the ones I'm taking.

Just keep in mind the sources and areas of knowledge, and keep in mind their strengths and limitations. You, the knower are at the centre of the TOK course.

Question in class may be:

How do I know?

What is ethical?

Is this legitimate? To what extent is this legitimate?

Pretty flexible stuff if you ask me.

TOK isn't too bad :) It's just a subject which can often boggle your mind completely :P. If you're open to ideas and can accept others opinions, you'll be fine. Also, remember, it's all about YOU as the knower, so make sure you relate everything personally to yourself, because it will make it better and easier :) Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine ^_^

Guest Achmed-The Dead Terrorist

Lol somehow, people always have the idea that TOK is hell... XD (don't worry, I had that same idea as you) but in my case, it was because of the teacher.

TOK is you. It makes you question what you know, how you know and the reliability of your knowledge. It makes it coherent and provides you a useful tool for self-evaluation by having to always present arguments for and against your own position. You can never stand in one position without having discussed all the possibilities in TOK.

Obviously, there are people that don't get the whole idea of TOK but the essay itself is to show you how different areas of knowledge attain knowledge and compare them... that's all. It's not that hard once you get the whole concept ;)

good luck!