Is Media Studies an IB topic?

Bradley

This is probably the most inane question on the forums so far, but I'm considering doing my EE on something that fits into Media Studies perfectly, but my supervisor is unsure as to whether or not Media Studies is an actual IB topic. If anyone could enlighten me to this, it would be amazing. My supervisor did teach Media Studies at A level in Britain, but it is not offered at my school.

There is no IB Media Studies course. The closest things to that would probably be visual arts or film, so you're going to have to change your topic so that it fits into one of those subjects instead. Otherwise you'll end up failing the EE or receiving a very low mark for not having it fall under a subject, and nobody wants that to happen. :P

Well you don't have to completely ditch your topic. If you can change it enough to fit into one of the other existing subjects while still keeping a bit of your original idea in there, that's one way to approach it. Try looking at it through a film perspective, visual arts perspective, or even a history perspective :)