Best Moments in IB

Gee :)

Hi IBers :)

As an IB student....I've noticed we tend to say a lot of negative things about IB for whatever reasons.

And of course there are things we regret

So just for a change I want to know what youve really enjoyed in IB,that you probably couldn't have experienced without it

Or something crucial you've learned in your time doing the IBDP!

I'll start

I volunteered as an assistant at a continent-wide sport event and I met people from all over Africa.

That never would have happened if I didn't have to do CAS!

I had a conversation in my own country (where no-one speaks spanish) with a Cuban man in spanish..That

was special because it was something I know not many people could have done.

I volunteer at a paediatric clinic as a tutor.I really loved it

Learning more about myself and becoming more aware of my strengths!

What about you?

Not much really. What is there...

Last year we put together a really sketchy performance in appreciation for the IB2 kids... that was fun, and it made us bond.

I think I would be a bit more fond of the peers I'm studying with, than ones that are in the academic stream instead, so I'm glad for that.

I'm glad IB has made me a more reflective person, and has made me appreciate education a bit more.

Other than that, I don't really think there is anything I enjoy particularly about it...

IB boosted my interest in global affairs such as politics and conflicts. My IB history course made me realize that we are marking history, we are going to be tomorrow´s history. TOK and the EE made me a reflective person who is keen to analyse and interpret information. Best of all IB made me good at the moment of studying, I don´t study by heart anymore. IB made me say something whenever I don´t know what to say, it taught me that there´s always something to debate about.

I think about what kind of person I would be if I didn't join IB.....and I am very glad I did it :) IB has made me a more driven person who appreciates the simple things more. I care more about my education and enjoy volunteer work. I have become a better leader and desire a higher role in things I take part of. I find that I seek to understand things that I am part of instead of just following along and getting through it. I have had my moments where I question why I am doing this, and when most of my friends dropped down to partial IB I was asking myself why I am doing this....but every time I think about it now, I'm glad I'm doing it :)

Talk to me in a few months when I'm more sleep deprived and we'll see what I have to say about it though ;)