Portfolio Type I -- Shadow Functions

Bffs

• 2 weeks later...

the last question about the quartics functions can be answered by simply applying the general formula you came up with for the quadratics and the cubics functions to the quartics functions it applies in the same ways to the quartics as it does to the quadratics and cubics

gd luck :)

what exactly are we supposed to do in 'use various values for a and b to generate pairs of functions y1 and y2.also,can anyone tell me what they got their y2 as?thanks :)

all u have to do is take random values for a and b and replace them in the general turning point formula for y1 where a is equal to h and b is equal to k then u can find the roots of y1 and use the roots of y1 to find y2 by developing

HELPP. I am also stuck on the 4th question of part B: write a general statement about the functions y1, y2 and ym. Does this just mean the same thing as express y2 in terms of y1 and ym? coz if it is, then I am already asked that in the 3rd part of part B. also , there is no general statement for quadratics, only the express y2 in terrms of y1 and ym. so is this the general statment? and if so, how do i prove its correct?

Well, just graph y1, ym and y2 on the same graphic. Then, identify every roots and intersection points. You'll know the relation between the three main functions as you compare them.

do you have to draw it on an argand diagram, if not how do you label the complex roots?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I need help on illustrating how the zeros of y2 may be helpful in the determination of the real and imaginary components of the complex zeros of y1 on the last bullet point of part A. Does anyone how to go about solving this? and also what did you guys get for the expression of y2 in terms of y1 and ym in part A as well?