Some people believe that Mathematics is the supreme form of knowledge. Do you agree?

BraZ

Questions:

Some people believe that Mathematics is the supreme form of knowledge. Do you agree?

How can our ways of knowing be an advantage or an obstacle for artists and mathematicians?

Is knowledge in Ethics different to other areas of knowledge?

Some people claim there are many other Ways of Knowing beyond reason, sense perception, language, and emotion. Considering intuition and one other possible way of knowing, to what extent do you agree with this claim?

Which one would be the best to go for, granted i must include person experience, please give me ideas on which one to choose and why

I would've decided to do either:

1) How can our ways of knowing be an advantage or an obstacle for artists and mathematicians?

or

2) Is knowledge in Ethics different to other areas of knowledge?

The first one, I can't really explain fully but for an artist truth is different for a mathematician. mathematical truth is supported with solid proofs. But art truth can change from one perception to another, emotion etc... Yet mathematics uses more reasoning. Like making axioms and then building facts on them.

The second one would be because you will find a lot of articles about it. However, what I think you can include is that in Ethics you use justification to find truth. And those justification may be affected by culture and emotions etc... However in mathematics is similar to the first one. But Sciences uses experiments.

Also another which one has the well-supported conclusions and truth.

I hope this helped :)

and try to impress my teacher and test myself, thoughts on this question?

I'd agree to a certain extent. we had a discussion on this in our maths class and my teacher said there is one major assumption in maths, which is that Algebra is correct.

if it's not, everything will mess up.

there's an assumption, so I wouldn't completely agree that Mathematics is the supreme form of knowledge.

anyway consider statistics. theoretically, the chance of getting a head coin is 0.5. so after 100 tosses, you're likely to get about 50 heads and 50 tails. but, is this the case in real life? it could happen that you get all tails.

like in my game model IA, I programmed a simple model on it. the amount of money the player has after X games must be roughly equal to the amount of money he initially had. but I played like for 50x and my money kept decreasing.

it's not always true. Maths is not so much of a supreme knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

I need to do a 1200 word essay on Some people believe that Mathematics is the supreme form of knowledge. Do you agree?

So far im at 500 words, written about algebra being hard to prove/disprove, Godels theory of incompleteness and brought in a real life example. But these are all against it, i need help with more information about the topic and suggestions, can anyone help me?

I need to do a 1200 word essay on Some people believe that Mathematics is the supreme form of knowledge. Do you agree?

So far im at 500 words, written about algebra being hard to prove/disprove, Godels theory of incompleteness and brought in a real life example. But these are all against it, i need help with more information about the topic and suggestions, can anyone help me?

Supreme knowledge?

Isn't that everything in the world is a social construct? And what we know as what is just simply something our ancestors made?

So, maybe, you could use that premise to help you push your topic forward, how it isn't just a social construct, etc. :D