EXAM Inquiry!

IloveIB!

I really dont think thats possible. i only now schools who do ALL their exams together or do it in May and then November.

oki doki, weird because that's how it goes in my school !!

Apparently IB allows you to sit 2 of your SL exams in the first year and your 3 HLs and the last SL in the 2nd year!!

I know some friends who anticipate their exams. I'm pretty sure they get their results right a few months after the exam.

so let's say you anticipate subjects A and B, you'll get the results in July 2012. then you take the rest of your subjects (C, D, E and F) in the following year and get the results in July 2013. I'm not sure if the final certificate will combine the grades of subjects A-F or only C-F though. will have to wait for someone to answer!

Edited by Desy Glau

no ishaan is the one who is weird.

I think mostly the US and Canadian schools do that (anticipating exams).

why did you ask anyway?

looks like someone still annoyed after our conversation from the other night....

Anyway In this part of the world (Southern Asia) I dont know any schools which do their HL and SL's differently. I guess its different in other parts of the world.

Edited by Guest

I know some friends who anticipate their exams. I'm pretty sure they get their results right a few months after the exam.

so let's say you anticipate subjects A and B, you'll get the results in August 2012. then you take the rest of your subjects (C, D, E and F) in the following year and get the results in August 2013. I'm not sure if the final certificate will combine the grades of subjects A-F or only C-F though. will have to wait for someone to answer!

lol okay, lets just wait for someone to answer :)

Yes! You can anticipate 2 SL at the end of IB1 and sit for the rest at the end of IB2. You will get your standard level anticipated subject results on July 5th 2012 and the rest on July 5th 2013. Around August 2013 you will get the official IB diploma certificate with all the subjects from the two sessions.

Yes! You can anticipate 2 SL at the end of IB1 and sit for the rest at the end of IB2. You will get your standard level anticipated subject results on July 5th 2012 and the rest on July 5th 2013. Around August 2013 you will get the official IB diploma certificate with all the subjects from the two sessions.

Wouf thank god! :D

And universities have no problem with anticipated exams i hope?

Wouf thank god! :D

And universities have no problem with anticipated exams i hope?

I don´t think so. In fact, a good thing about anticipating subjects is that you are able show universities how well you managed the IB subjects taken. For example, if you get 6 and 7, they will get the idea that you will do somehow similar in the remaining subjects next year. Good luck!

You will get your standard level anticipated subject results on July 5th 2012 and the rest on July 5th 2013.

the results day is 5 August not 5 July.

Desy, I got my results January 6th, for the november session. May session candidates get their results on Julty 6th. As July would be January for the southern hemisphere. Here´s the evidence from the IBO page:

Issue of results

There are two examination sessions each year.

May session—results issued on 5 July

November session—results issued on 5 January

Following release of results, students' grades can immediately be distributed by the IB to universities and university admission bodies around the world.

Thank god I told you this, if not you would get your results a month later XD

Edited by Summer Glau