Study Guides

Mozz

I don't take most of your subjects, but we have chemistry in common and I know of a good chem study guide:

9780199151424.gif

it's very famous and very good. easy to study from.

I've never heard of a TOK study guide but the best textbook I think is:

0521542987.01._SX220_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I love every single bit of that book.

it's good to get both of them if you like! they're very helpful, believe me.

EDIT:

I just remembered! there's a TOK "study guide" and i heard it's quite good but I'm not so sure:

TOK-cover.gif

Edited by Desy Glau

I second the chemistry study guide. It's good. I also suggest this study guide; I have my own copy and it has study material for all of the core topics and each of the options that's easy to review and understand, SL and HL included:

9780199148073.JPG

Edited by emyski

For textbooks,

Pearson Baccalaureate's Chemistry Book is nice when you're just start reading about the topic. So is Hodder Education's Chemistry for the IB Diploma.

But, if you want to sum everything up, you better just use Oxford's Chemistry Course Companion. It's able to summarize everything in very short sentences with the use of terminology learned. It's good for reviewing for the tests, I guess, as well.

:D In the end, it depends on which book you're most comfortable with! Just use it, learn and understand from it, and you'll be okay. :D

For textbooks,

Pearson Baccalaureate's Chemistry Book is nice when you're just start reading about the topic. So is Hodder Education's Chemistry for the IB Diploma.

But, if you want to sum everything up, you better just use Oxford's Chemistry Course Companion. It's able to summarize everything in very short sentences with the use of terminology learned. It's good for reviewing for the tests, I guess, as well.

:D In the end, it depends on which book you're most comfortable with! Just use it, learn and understand from it, and you'll be okay. :D

Thanks! I've found out that we're using the Cambridge text books for chemistry; are they any good? Or is it worth buying another one?

I have the Oxford university press tok study guide. I think it's pretty useful. It has tips for the presentation and essay and is abundant in tok knowledge

I'll have a look for that one, the tips sound very useful.

I use the Oxford TOK course companion. I think CherryBlossom meant the course companion, because as far as I know Oxford doesn't have a study guide for TOK.

My TOK teacher last year was new to TOK, and he didn't teach with a textbook. I had to buy my own book and self-study pretty much everything. I chose the Oxford book and I think it's very good, so you should give it a try.

You can preview a couple of pages of the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/0199151229

is that the blue one? we don't use it in class but I remember at the very beginning of my chem class in IB1, our teacher said that book is a good one.

just try to use that one first... if you don't find it helpful, get a study guide and you'll be fine.

The Oxford TOK course companion is green.

Edited by ninety