Which is the hardest/easiest IB class?

whippersnapper

Based on your schedule, if youre a science person, Bio will be super easy even if its HL. Spanish for me is a bit challenging but my whole class says its easy. Math, should be easy but hard for me. Content is eay to understand but tests dont go well for me. English HL isjust alot of reading amd analyzing through essays/oral commemtaries. Never took theatre. History is alot of memorizing, you have to literally know every detail because the exam asks specific questions. And woah you already have your topic ready ? Good job!! Im a junior and im still toggling between chem (cancer stuff) or english (maya angelou autobiographies)

• 7 months later...

Hardest course for me was History SL, probably because I never studied it properly until 6 weeks prior to exams... And the fact that the exams are a lottery in some aspects, as to what questions you get. Luckily I was prepared for the questions given, so hopefully I managed to do well!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm taking: Biology HL, Psychology HL, Social and Cultural Anthropology HL, Maths SL, Modern Greek A SL and English A SL. Generally I think that the hardest subject for HL would be Chemistry, while the easiest apart from languages would be Business and Management HL or Anthropology HL (although it is very difficult to get a 7)

I'm a sophomore in MYP right now, so really I should be worrying more about my Personal Project, but oh well. XD I'm planning on taking HLs English A, Chem (kind of worried about this one :/), Art (it's only offered HL at my school, and I do enjoy art...), and French B (not a native speaker, but I've taken it for so long that I'm pretty good), and SLs Business and Management (there's NO way I'm taking any more history than I have to :P) and Math (it's only offered SL at my school; otherwise I actually would take this HL and Chem/physics SL since I'm more mathy than science-y....) Does that schedule sound doable?

HL Math tests are just... wow. The class itself isn't 'hard', just the tests. I didn't revise all that well for the last test, and literally just started laughing at my failure as I sat down and started reading the calc paper. Haha. <cry>I think I got something like a 3. :'( ANYWAYS.</cry>

In my opinion, I'd say the hardest 'class', is HL Physics. I never quite understand what the questions are asking instantly, I never quite grasp what the teacher is teaching, and I end up having to do a lot of research and revision by myself from the vague notes and equations I write down during class. The tests aren't that hard, so it's okay, overall. :)

I'd say (imo) the easiest classes that I take are:

HL Computer Science (I think it's because I'm a bit of a computer nerd, I know like 3/4 the syllabus already. lol.)

SL English Lang / Lit (About half our class = not the brightest bunch, maybe our teacher marks comparatively? I don't know lol.)

SL Business (I took business last year, and the year before, and there isn't too much new stuff)

I literally put in no work or effort in to these subjects, and still maintain grades around 6-7. Quantified why I think that is in brackets above.

I'm now in preIB and woah I'm so excited for becoming a real IB student! What do you gusy think about my subject choice? Am I going to have a very hard time?

Polish A HL

Biology HL

French HL

Psychology SL

English A SL

Math studiea

Im in the same position as you... I hear Biology is not easy but if your good at it then no worries.. Math studies should be easy Im planning on taking that one as well.. Not really sure what to expect with psychology. Also what are the requirements for a bilingual diploma?

History HL

Spanish HL

English HL

Psychology SL

Math Studies SL

Physics/ Biology SL

I'm now in preIB and woah I'm so excited for becoming a real IB student! What do you gusy think about my subject choice? Am I going to have a very hard time?

Polish A HL

Biology HL

French HL

Psychology SL

English A SL

Math studiea

Rethink Polish HL, Polish examiners are really harsh and the programme is rather annoying, to be honest, and most of my class is struggling with SL.

I've heard that Polish HL is easier than SL... at least that's what my teacher told me. She said that the only difference is that you have 2 more books to read than people doing the SL and that you have less grammar...

And what about French HL? Does anyone have any experiences to share? Is it a good choice for someone who's been learning French for 4 years?

I've heard that Polish HL is easier than SL... at least that's what my teacher told me. She said that the only difference is that you have 2 more books to read than people doing the SL and that you have less grammar...

And what about French HL? Does anyone have any experiences to share? Is it a good choice for someone who's been learning French for 4 years?

Grammar? O.o What does it mean exactly? There's no "grammar" per se in Lang A syllabus (nor is it in Lang B, for that matter). I don't believe in any HL subject being easier than SL, it's not how it's meant to be.

@sof****, you are now in pre-IB and you take exams in May 2014, while i'm in IB1 and take them in the same year ? O_o. I think you should recheck your exam date :P

Anyway, my set is:

Maths HL

Chemistry HL

Physics HL

English B HL

Geography SL

Polish A1 SL

and... if you are really curious about the boundaries of human stamina, this is the set for you :D

Math HL - I heard a theory that getting 100% from exam is not technically possible, you don't have even that much time. Do manage your time well, when you read the qeustion you should already know the technique of obtaining an answer, even know an answer -.-

Chemistry HL - my fav subject. Sometimes is hard, generally when you have to explain sth. But then you have chemguide.co.uk which is very useful. My opinion should change after the extension of bondings and learning organic chemistry, as older students from my school say.

Physics HL - rather easy, but not as interesting as Chemistry. Opinion may change as in Chemistry

English B HL - Heard a theory from a teacher that for Lang B HL is easier than SL, because of additional two hours. there is more time to explain something much more thoroughly. Even considering a fact that you have books on HL...

Geography SL - harder than Economics, probably easier than History. Core is quite big... and Field Work <3

Polish A1 SL - Polish examiners are strict... Me and my coleague often think that we went to the wrong classroom: "How about you Marek? I'm asking because for me it is HL..."

Edited by Marazm

Physics HL is surely the hardest. From what I;ve heard, the moderation for Physics is as low as 75% for a 7. That's how hard it is!

Also I am told Math HL is pretty challenging, but currently I'm finding it pretty easy... I guess it's just how comfortable you are with the subject.

Easiest? I'd say Math Studies... Maybe Psychology too