New English A: Literature Course 2011

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which new English A course do you do? (first examinations in 2013)

• English A:Language and Literature
    • English A: Literature
    • English A: Literature and Performance

People who have just started the IB course and are having their examinations in May 2013, how are you finding the course. People who are doing the old syllabus, how you find this new course compared to the old one that you are doing? Are the topic that you cover interesting? All comments and ideas welcome :) xo

• 2 weeks later...

I am a 2013 candidate, I don't really understand what's different. Could somebody explain it to me? If I were a 2012 candidate I'd be coursing English A2, what am I taking now? :yawn:

If your teacher teaches you language, grammar, etc. WITH literature, then you're Language and Literature.

If your teacher teachers you ONLY LITERATURE, then you're just literature.

This is because they split Language A1 into those who already know English sufficient enough that they can just focus on literature, and English for those who are pseudo-beginners.

All the subject guides are in the free section of the files section! :D

I'm in Language and Litterature, and apparently we are only going to read 5 books!!

That is very sad, and even though we are going to analyze the books to pieces (right now The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, next Hamlet) I'd like to see more books, especially classics.

Analyzation tecnique and speech preparation are some of the vital parts and I feel that we are getting very well prepared for that!! :)