Switching HL French to HL English Lit.

cookie.dough.love

I am starting the IB course, however, do you think that it is wise to switch my highers around so that I do higher English, rather than higher French. I am not fluent in French and I only got an A in French GCSE. Is it worth doing HL French, or can I still do standard but still become fluent in the language? I want to study medicine, if that helps?

As long as you have both biology and chemistry at HL and satisfy your university requirements for medicine I don't see why you can't swap HL French for HL English. Whichever you want to take is a matter of preference for you: would you prefer to learn another language or would you prefer analyzing literature? You also don't need to be fluent in French to take it at HL! It's French B, so it's expected you're not a fluent speaker anyways. I take Spanish at HL, and I'm not fluent. :P But it does push you to have a larger range of vocabulary and structures that will put you at a higher level of proficiency, though not fluent. So if you feel like you won't do as well in HL French, you can switch to SL and still learn enough vocabulary to become very good or even fluent in French, like TurtleR said.