Kinesthetic learning. Need help.

Beyond366

you can't even bother explaining what kinesthetic learning is but you want people to give you KIs. how nice.

Ah, how sweet.

Basically,

Kinesthetic learning is a learning style.

There are three types of learners:

Auditory, Visual and Kinesthetic.

Generally, everyone's a mixture of each of these. Some might be more inclined towards auditory. Or visual. Or kinesthetic. It varies.

Let me give you an example:

If you ask me for directions, I may draw or show you a map. (That’s visual.) I may give you spoken or written directions or both. (That’s auditory and visual.) And I may point you in certain directions. (That’s kinesthetic.)

I hope that is clear :)

Guest KAPOWW!!

you can't even bother explaining what kinesthetic learning is but you want people to give you KIs. how nice.

Ah, how sweet.

Basically,

Generally, everyone's a mixture of each of these. Some might be more inclined towards auditory. Or visual. Or kinesthetic. It varies.

If you ask me for directions, I may draw or show you a map. (That’s visual.) I may give you spoken or written directions or both. (That’s auditory and visual.) And I may point you in certain directions. (That’s kinesthetic.)

That's just peculiar, is the example actually one of kinesthetic learning? or just something kinesthetic in nature, unless you mean, point out places is imparting knowledge, even so how is this learning anything, I'd think a more elaborate example would do the trick. :S

I really don't think are any KIs on the face of it either, but if you're desperate, go on rambling about flaws in it; how time consuming it is and how it involves consuming resources to learn this way, and 1) it may not be feasible for everyone to learn this way, since it would involve extra spending on teaching material per head or on average at least, but the point stands.

2)It's uneconomical. Simple as that. Making it a luxury NoT a need. emphasize the difference between the two. This will get you're class listening to you're argument. all the best.

PS- for the future provide a description of things that aren't so obvious, since you may not find that everyone will go out of their way to do a google search for your query. Bottom line: make helping you easy. Though this piqued my interest, your luck :P

Edited by KAPOWW!!
  • Like 1

Ah, how sweet.

Basically,

That's just peculiar, is the example actually one of kinesthetic learning? or just something kinesthetic in nature, unless you mean, point out places is imparting knowledge, even so how is this learning anything, I'd think a more elaborate example would do the trick. :S

I really don't think are any KIs on the face of it either, but if you're desperate, go on rambling about flaws in it; how time consuming it is and how it involves consuming resources to learn this way, and 1) it may not be feasible for everyone to learn this way, since it would involve extra spending on teaching material per head or on average at least, but the point stands.

2)It's uneconomical. Simple as that. Making it a luxury NoT a need. emphasize the difference between the two. This will get you're class listening to you're argument. all the best.

PS- for the future provide a description of things that aren't so obvious, since you may not find that everyone will go out of their way to do a google search for your query. Bottom line: make helping you easy. Though this piqued my interest, your luck :P

No KIs at all? Great. I was very keen on taking this up for my presentation.

You may call it time consuming. But for some people, that's the way the understand things. They might not understand things by looking at them or simply listening to something. They might want to try it out for themselves.

Another example,

Imagine your best friend's cell phone number. You might have an audio thing going '2' '6' '1' blah blah in your mind.

Or you may get a visual of the number.

Or, imagine your friends house. You might not be able to say it's flat number and all. But you know exactly where it is. For example, you may remember that it's the second door from the elevator after you turn right (Kinesthetic)

Or you might say it's the red door (visual)

That's pretty much it. Hope you get my point.

Now need a KI.