Miss Julie and A Doll's House ideas?

allana

Hey, for my WL Essay i was planning on comparing the role of women on the books ¨A Doll's House¨ and ¨Miss jullie¨. However I found it borring to write about it... Anyone who can tips me another topic or any suggetions about points that make my topic less borring?? Please help

Edited by Summer Glau
please don't use text speak. thanks!

what about this:

you write everything you know about Nora and the female protagonist in Miss Julie (didn't read this text, I only read Doll's House) in a word document or something. compare them, see how they're different or similar. pick one not-too-narrow-but-not-too-broad aspect in which you can see how those characters are similar or different, then write your WL on it.

simple, no?

• Like 2

My English teacher advised my class NOT to write on "the role of women" because that's soft sociology and IB usually doesn't like that. So I wouldn't advise you to write on that topic either.

I wrote one of my WLs on "Miss Julie" and "Hedda Gabler" (another play by Ibsen with a female main character), comparing the neurotic nature of both women and how it affected the secondary characters. My other WL was on "A Doll's House" and "House of Bernarda Alba", and I compared family love and romantic love and how they influenced characters' decisions. I think as long as your scope is narrow, but not narrow enough that you won't have enough words, you should be fine. Try concentrating on the characters and their actions, though, instead of soft sociology topics such as "the role of women", which are more about society and not so much about the characters themselves.