Math HL prerequisite

IB Mohd

Do you have a copy of the Math HL syllabus? There is a section in there called presumed knowledge listing the topics that it is assumed that you know about before taking the course.

Edit: Searched around the Files section of IB Survival, couldn't find the Math HL syllabus. Found this copy from Google: http://www.education.umd.edu/MathEd/conference/vbook/math.hl.08.pdf [PDF]

I'm not sure about any restrictions on distributing this, I'm assuming it's okay. (Other syllabuses are freely available on this site, but as you probably know IB is pretty protective of their documents).

Edited by aldld

Hmm, I took Pre-Calc before entering the 2 year IB program, and it was a great lead-in since we covered most of topics 1, 2, and 3 for HL, and did some other stuff. I'm not too sure about taking Pre-Calc and then having one year to learn all the HL stuff before you take your exam. To the best of my knowledge, Pre-Calc won't cover vectors, matrices, your option, and (obviously) calculus. If you think you can do all that stuff in one year then go for it, but the kids at my school who took Pre-Calc for IB1 are doing Maths SL.