TOK relevance?

xoxoxo

Hi!

I have to do a one minute presentation on Pop Culture.

The subject I have chosen is Gossip Girl (mean girls, cattiness, etc). I thought I could talk about how the show is a bad influence for girls in some ways, as it shows them bad examples of behaviour between girls/friends.

I'm not sure how to make this relevant or connected to TOK, though.

Any ideas?

Thank you! :)

If you're really set on this topic, you should first think about how you know what you know.

Why do these shows set bad examples?

What makes these shows so bad?

Then, think about what makes you know this? Emotion comes into it... as does reason. Think about what else does.

Come up with a few knowledge issues on the topic. Then see how you can interrelate everything.

Also. Your presentation should not be about these shows. It should focus on pop culture in general and the effects it has on girls. It should not become centered around typical teenage tv shows.

It's a bit of a tough topic to connect to TOK, but if you're set on doing it, hopefully you'll get there. TOK is all about questioning everything, and thinking outside the box. Good luck with that!

Guest KAPOWW!!

Hey I really know anything about the format of TOK and how smart TOKers argue using jargon like: KI, WOK etc, but if you could frame this in another manner, I be glad and able to help, since I'm good at debate but just not so at ToK lol. You can PM or wallpost me, I'm eternally online here.