Sign in to follow this  

Cas hours

The general rule used to be 150 hours across 3 categories, so 50 hours in each. This then changed to meeting 8 outcomes and using 150 hours as a guide. Now, for all 2013 and onwards candidates, you must do 18 months of CAS :)

In general though, doing around 2-3 hours per week is more than enough :)

EDIT: 2012 kids have to do 18 months of CAS as well :)

Edited by ChikkyD

The general rule used to be 150 hours across 3 categories, so 50 hours in each. This then changed to meeting 8 outcomes and using 150 hours as a guide. Now, for all 2013 and onwards candidates, you must do 18 months of CAS :)

Okay thanks :)

Do you think that I can learn Mandarin for Creativity?

No problem! On IBS, if you want to show appreciation, all you have to do is click the 'thumbs up' on the bottom right of any post :)

Is it already one of your subjects?

If not, then you probably can, under the Creativity category :)

No problem! On IBS, if you want to show appreciation, all you have to do is click the 'thumbs up' on the bottom right of any post :)

Is it already one of your subjects?

If not, then you probably can, under the Creativity category :)

Ok then, thanks for your help! :D

Guest KAPOWW!!

Rep hungry!! hahah!! :P;)

I don't believe so. There are some activities which are a one off (for example, 40 hour famine), and so, it would be impossible to do them for 18 months.

It's really about meeting the correct outcomes and making sure you have a balance between Creativity, Action and Service. You can have as many activities as you want, and they can go for however long you want :)

Actually the 2012 kids have to do the 18 months too..

My mistake D: Original post edited (Y)

Guest KAPOWW!!

Hahaha not quite. I just know posts that just say "thanks!" are frowned upon. Just trying to help out :)

You're right, on a more serious note thanks for pointing it out.(I know...thanks, I'll rep you :P)

Guest KAPOWW!!

Can you confirm this? I NEED to show this to my co-ordinator!! *Panic attack* A link would do!

Can you confirm this? I NEED to show this to my co-ordinator!! *Panic attack* A link would do!

"ALL PROPOSED CAS activities must meet these four criteria. CAS activities MUST continue on a CONTINUOUS

basis over a MINIMUM of 18 MONTHS. CAS MUST continue until at least February of the senior year. CAS is

required to be eligible for the IB diploma."

^ Taken from here. It applies to 2012 candidates I belive.

Guest KAPOWW!!

Hey Can Anyone confirm whether this is applicable for me? I'm In year 2 started in '10 sitting for my IB in May 2012.

Let me know ASAP please!?

KAPOWW, it is applicable for you but the change happened a few years ago I believe. The major thing is that you are involved in something for 18 months. Every activity does not have to be continuous.

what the hell? I never actually thought all May 2012 candidates have to do the 18 months thing! because I've only heard of it when the 2013 people come here. and my school is not doing it, we're sticking with the 150 hours and 8 learning outcomes requirement. is my school doing something wrong or do schools get to choose what to follow?