EE on Eng A2 - Research on language used. Suggestions with topics in essay please!

Mia Samuel

Hi, my EE's topic is 'How does the language used in American media influence the third culture kids today?'

And the subject is English A2.

It's pretty settled, so the title is not going to change. I'm on the writing process right now, and I had my mind pretty made up throughout the year, but I figured I can ask for some help on the things discussed so I'll maybe be able to explore things I haven't thought about?

Here's the rough idea I have on the outline:

Part one: the process of which America became influential and the most watched over country in the world.

Part two: the study of the MODERN American English, and how it differs from others

Part three: did the American media have an extremely strong influence on the world?

Part four: how in specific, the language that we use everyday, how does it strongly resemble American English and show a clear influence from it

Please help me by providing some ideas on the things I could research about and add/delete? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

The word "how" is never a good idea to include in your EE topic. Instead I suggest researching a specific aspects of language to replace the word.

For example, you might want to say something like

"In what ways did factor A and B of language used in American media influence the third culture kids today?'

This will sharpen your thesis and you will be able to leave out what might not be as consistent in your research.

The word "how" is never a good idea to include in your EE topic. Instead I suggest researching a specific aspects of language to replace the word.

For example, you might want to say something like

"In what ways did factor A and B of language used in American media influence the third culture kids today?'

This will sharpen your thesis and you will be able to leave out what might not be as consistent in your research.

thank you so much! :) that was really useful!