University of British Columbia

Razzker

One of the universities I'm planning to go to is the University of British Columbia in Canada. A speaker from UBC came to my school once and it sounds really interesting, especially because they seem to prioritize IB students so much. Hopefully, I'd get some kind of scholarship when applying there since it's really expensive to study at UBC for an international student.

Anyway, do any of you plan to go there? Or have any of you been there already? What's it like? Quite a few number of students who've graduated from my school have headed there and received partial scholarships rather easily. Vancouver sounds and looks like a really nice place to live.

oh, they visited my school too! like 3 weeks ago or so. two friends of mine are applying. competitions... competitions...

I have to agree that the speaker made a really good impression. (I assume it's the same speaker). it looks like a great uni. and we can choose whatever major! so nice lol

good luck with it! are a lot of students from your school applying?

Yes, I heard that the cost of living is pretty high over there. Oh well, at least it must be cleaner and safer than where I live currently. Plus, I really need to experience a new environment and UBC seems to be really good. My friend's sister lives in Vancouver and goes to UBC, and she says that she doesn't want to move anywhere else, not in the near future anyway.