Ping pong ball experiment help!

IloveIB!

Guest KAPOWW!!

What can i do/find with a ping pong ball? :)

Any ideas?

I was thinking of finding the time it takes for the ball to stop bouncing as you change the height!! LOL

Aaah!! Doing IB in Mauritius must make it a lot less worse, with those beaches!! *Sigh*

Hey that's not such a bad idea for a start btw!

Here's a very cool idea: you can use a video analysis software to record the varying amplitude with time.

If you like this, Wall post me or PM and I'll help you further.

Note: the IBO requires some IAs that use instruments and graph plotting software etc. So this kills 2 birds with one stone ;) All the best cheers!

that's too sophisticated. your experiment doesn't have to be so awesome or so technological.

it's better to find the number of bounces in a certain time period. it's a lot easier and a friend of mine did it as his design. if you count till it stops bouncing, wahlao when the height is 1 m it'll take quite a long time eh!

What can i do/find with a ping pong ball? :)

Any ideas?

I was thinking of finding the time it takes for the ball to stop bouncing as you change the height!! LOL

Aaah!! Doing IB in Mauritius must make it a lot less worse, with those beaches!! *Sigh*

Here's a very cool idea: you can use a video analysis software to record the varying amplitude with time.

Note: the IBO requires some IAs that use instruments and graph plotting software etc. So this kills 2 birds with one stone ;) All the best cheers!

Erm no XD it makes no diff, let me tell you!! :P

you've actually got a good idea :D

I will think about it...

But say if i was doing it like i suggested, what would be the controlled variable?

Guest KAPOWW!!

number of bounces (which is as many as possible until it stops bouncing) (which I think is unrealistic!! just change to my idea!)

mass and type and size of ball

bouncing surface

temperature and pressure

The sophistication phobic girl has answered.. Bow!! * takes a bow* ;)

• 8 years later...
On 9/13/2011 at 9:27 PM, Guest KAPOWW!! said:

heyyy i am intreseted in this topic. do u mind helping me