Help with how to manage time immediatley after school?!

thebest

I always have trouble working right after school ends. I tell myself that I'm gonna take a 30 min or so break, eating, surfing on the net, but then I keep saying to myself "okay just a few more minutes, a few more min,,.,etc." Then it ends up being like 6 o clock by the time I begin working. I can't do this anymore because I gotta keep up with my soccer practices/games along with IB. Also, sometimes when I try to work after school, I am SO exhausted. I feel so tired and sleepy during the time period of 3 o clock til like 6 o clock. For some reason, after this time period, I feel perfectly fine at night... Is this something weird? lol How can I overcome this tiredness? I don't wanna have to often resort to napping because if I nap, I nap long... Help.

Well, if you can't you can't. In the end, whatever we say, it's all up to you.

But here's my advice... manage your procrastination. Keep in mind what the consequences are if you don't start work. You will be doing it eventually so it is only a matter of when you will do it. Usually, if you put it off to later, you will have to work even more. You have to force yourself to get out of your comfort zone. You could also set a schedule for yourself, after this time, you have to start working... etc. etc.

If your habits are that bad already, then I'd just resort to working at night, but not staying up late.

• Like 1

My suggestion would be to not let yourself have that break straight after school, because it's so easy to just let it go on and on and on.

What if you said 'ok, I'm going to do at least an hour of homework before going on the internet'?

That way, you do get some homework done, and you may find that once you're in the swing of it the hour goes quite fast and you just keep going - I know it happens with me.

And, you don't necessarily miss out on any chill time, as it's just later in the afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

usually, after I get home from school I just bathe, eat and sleep, till whenever I wake up. if I happen to wake up at 9 PM to 1 AM, I'll just finish my homework at that time, which is good since not many of my friends will be awake and so I'll have less distraction. then I'll sleep till 6 AM. if I happen to wake up later than that, I'll just finish my homework and play games till 6 AM.

it becomes a cycle though. so if you are not comfortable with working early in the morning, don't do it.

otherwise you can just slack for one or two hours after you get home, then just concentrate fully on doing homework till you finish them and then sleep all the way.