International Relations (and Economics) in the U.S. and UK

Hedda

Hi fellow IBers!

I'm a Swedish IB Diploma Student, just started IB2 and heading for May 2012 exams! When it comes to universities I'm looking mostly at schools directly, and not in a specific region/country/continent, which leaves me with a sort of wide array options so far:

University of Lund - Sweden

Copenhagen Business School - Denmark

St. Andrews - Scotland

Edinburgh - Scotland

Georgetown University - Washington D.C., the U.S.

What I want to study is something along the lines of International Relations (and Economics) - or as in the case of Georgetown it is their program of Science of Foreign Service (which really would be my dream thing to study).

Finally, here comes the question. Is there anybody out there who attends/knows someone who attends any of these universities/programs and could give a me some of idea of what it's like?

And also, is there anyone who's got any other suggestions of school I should look into?

Thankful for any kind of answer!

- Hedda

for St. Andrews and Edinburgh you can go to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk (I'm sorry IBS I'm 'promoting' them) and ask around as those unis have their own forums and I bet many of the students are active there. for the rest I'm not very sure, sorry.

just a suggestion, have you looked into LSE? London School of Economics or something along the line. it's a prestigious uni for that major you chose methinks.

for St. Andrews and Edinburgh you can go to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk (I'm sorry IBS I'm 'promoting' them) and ask around as those unis have their own forums and I bet many of the students are active there. for the rest I'm not very sure, sorry.

just a suggestion, have you looked into LSE? London School of Economics or something along the line. it's a prestigious uni for that major you chose methinks.

Thank you, I'll definitely be taking a look!

I have and it seems to be a great school! But considering that their tuitions fees are up at £8,500 for 2012 (along with basically every other English Uni unfortunately) I'm considering just applying to Scottish Universities since they're almost free for me (EU citizen).