Practice TOK Paper

Pinkie54

Basically any subject uses reason and everything is colored by our own personal perspective. Reasoning and bias could come in to conflict sometimes. I usually do not use just one example try to use several points so your claim is further supported. Pick personal examples, talk about how these two ways of knowing come up differently in each of the subjects.

Basically any subject uses reason and everything is colored by our own personal perspective. Reasoning and bias could come in to conflict sometimes. I usually do not use just one example try to use several points so your claim is further supported. Pick personal examples, talk about how these two ways of knowing come up differently in each of the subjects.

Just to point out that there is a difference between the definitions of 'sense perception' and 'personal perspective'. Sense perception refers to the immediate senses of our surroundings for example touch, smell, taste, sight ect.; personal perspective refers to bias or opinions one may have due to past experience e.g. I believe all Nazis are bad people. That is a personal opinion but has nothing to do with sense perception. Please be careful to differentiate between the two.

I need to write a paper about sense of perception and/or reason. I know a lot I could write, but I want it to be organized and have one main point that I branch everything else off of. Any ideas on a main subject that could tie these two things together?

Since this is a written paper you want to be faced with something similar to the ToK titles. Have a look through the 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 titles to get a feel of what the titles are like. Adapt your constraints of sense perception and/or reason to one of these titles so you create a unique title that is similar in style to that of a real ToK essay title. This should make you more comfortable with approaching ToK titles in the future.