Psychology EE: ways ti improve my final draft.

Hi there! This is my first time asking a question here :)

I'm doing my EE On psychology - I already have a final draft. The thing is , I want to make it better and ask for any advice that could be useful. I have heard that psychology is a jard tópico to do the EE On and that they're expecting something new so I don't know what to do, I'm a bit scared.

Ir it helps, my topic is attachment and how it affects future socio-emotional development. I've discussed the tipical theories ( bolwby and ainsworth) and looked at the topoc from different angles (biology, intersubjectivity)... And discussed new models and evidence (Crittenden, Schore, Gunnar and Others....) emmm I have like 4 books as reference, onlije books, and some journals and oh some documents from a university. I have no web pages because it's hard to find good sources (ok truh is I don't trust them)

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated!!! Thanks a lot :3

Guest KAPOWW!!

I'm doing my EE On psychology - I already have a final draft. The thing is , I want to make it better and ask for any advice that could be useful. I have heard that psychology is a jard tópico to do the EE On and that they're expecting something new so I don't know what to do, I'm a bit scared.

Ir it helps, my topic is attachment and how it affects future socio-emotional development. I've discussed the tipical theories ( bolwby and ainsworth) and looked at the topoc from different angles (biology, intersubjectivity)... And discussed new models and evidence (Crittenden, Schore, Gunnar and Others....) emmm I have like 4 books as reference, onlije books, and some journals and oh some documents from a university. I have no web pages because it's hard to find good sources (ok truh is I don't trust them)

Very confusing, you're all set is what I'd say, it sounds like you know your citation and sources well, and by the looks of the number of people you quoted I assume you've made well supported arguments, so I don't see a clear question here my friend! :S

Thanks ! However , I think you're right... maybe I didn't make myself very clear... what I'm actually looking for is if someone could help me what they mean by 'looking for something new'. I've heard this a lot about the psychology EE and I'm not sure if they mean the topic or your take on whatever it is you decide to talk about. And if so... should I evaluate it or state my opinion about the topic?? (rather than just analyzing or showing evidence) that's my question.

Thanks!

Very confusing, you're all set is what I'd say, it sounds like you know your citation and sources well, and by the looks of the number of people you quoted I assume you've made well supported arguments, so I don't see a clear question here my friend! :S

Guest KAPOWW!!

Thanks ! However , I think you're right... maybe I didn't make myself very clear... what I'm actually looking for is if someone could help me what they mean by 'looking for something new'. I've heard this a lot about the psychology EE and I'm not sure if they mean the topic or your take on whatever it is you decide to talk about. And if so... should I evaluate it or state my opinion about the topic?? (rather than just analyzing or showing evidence) that's my question.

Thanks!

Well I think that a Psych student will be able to help you with, since I haven't taken Psych, I can't provide any such personal insight. Try posting that question(not this) in the psych forum! all the best! :)

Oh, ok! Thank you :) :) :)!

Thanks!

Well I think that a Psych student will be able to help you with, since I haven't taken Psych, I can't provide any such personal insight. Try posting that question(not this) in the psych forum! all the best! :)

You seem like you've done everything properly! I don't think you need to worry too much about your references. You seem to have a good range of them (books, journals, documents etc). And websites are too untrustworthy! If i'm not mistaken, there was something about this in the EE guide, that students should be aware of the reliability of websites. I didn't use any in my EE as well. It looks like you're very knowledgeable about your topic and you've provided enough supporting and refuting evidence. As long as you've done a lot of evaluating rather than describing in your essay. Then you're on the right track! :)

I just handed my psychology EE a few months ago. I think the markers are looking for something new...but by that I think they mean something that doesn't just stick to the content that you learn in the psychology syllabus. Something too different, could also be risky. They might like it or totally hate it.

The 'new' factor is I think the fact that the markers are looking for a 'new discovery!'. By this I mean, you have to suggest a new direction or idea or model, but have to refute it, and in the end, come up with a subtle suggestion that the 'new aspect' is valid and true. Let me give you and example. My EE was in Psychology, about Savants and where intellectually-able people could gain their power. Thought my evidence, I found that it IS possible, however with slight drawbacks, and in the end, more research needs to be conducted to help validate my claim. There's my EE in a nutshell :P. I discovered something 'new' because all the evidence I had collated hadn't previously been put into the one article or paper, and hence found a new take on a well known topic.

That's what they mean by something new :).

You sound all set though. You've discussed new models which is excellent. I wouldn't worry, however if you're STILL worried, ask your supervisor :) Good luck!

Yes, I read the EE guide, and that's exactly why I chose not to use websites. Plus, how can you really tell when a website is realiable or not?? :S I mean... there's no way to justify it in the essay or something, unless it sounds, as my A1 teacher would say, "smart". XD

:console: thank you so much :):hug: :hug: :hug: yes, that's exactly what I need. I need to evaluate more, in fact my teacher told my to do so and a friend of my dad's (who's a psychologist) read it and told me the same thing, so that's a hint :)

Good luck with your EE. :yes: :yes: :blum: :blum: :blum::yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: Yes, I guess that's why my teacher told me that attachment was a good idea. I mean, we do study attachment in the psychology syllabus, but we learn only the basic stuff. My EE analyzes the topic in depth, plus the research question is very specific. There are two psychology teachers at my school and they both told me it was a good topic, I guess that if you do something reaaallyy different.. yeah, they might not like it.

Thank you so much for your help ! :) and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) Tell me how it goes :)

You seem like you've done everything properly! I don't think you need to worry too much about your references. You seem to have a good range of them (books, journals, documents etc). And websites are too untrustworthy! If i'm not mistaken, there was something about this in the EE guide, that students should be aware of the reliability of websites. I didn't use any in my EE as well. It looks like you're very knowledgeable about your topic and you've provided enough supporting and refuting evidence. As long as you've done a lot of evaluating rather than describing in your essay. Then you're on the right track! :)

I just handed my psychology EE a few months ago. I think the markers are looking for something new...but by that I think they mean something that doesn't just stick to the content that you learn in the psychology syllabus. Something too different, could also be risky. They might like it or totally hate it.

Woah, your EE sounds pretty interesting!!! :) I'd say it's way better than mine ha ha ! :D

I think you're right. Maybe that's what they mean, I mean they talk about evaluating stuff all the time and they do say that they want you to offer a new take on it.

Those are some of the things I discussed in my EE; there is still a lot of research that needs to be done about attachment and there are many aspects that are not being considered, and they generalize what they know to everybody. That is why I like Crittenden so much, because she says that there isn't an "abused child", but rather "an abusive family", and states that her definitions and categories are just guides, instead of "reality", in contrast to Ainsworth. And well, she talks about a lot of other stuff as well.

So, I would have to suggest a new take on the topic? Or things that need to be investigated, for example? Or my own "opinion" perhaps? (like "touch")

I collected a lot of evidence and analyzed the same topic from different points of view. And that's exactly the thing; everybody sticks to Bowlby's attachment theory today, but there are just so many things that are not considered in that theory. There have been a lot of investigations about it and a lot of new things have been discovered. The Attachment Theory, to me, is not a fully integrated theory. It would be great if both biology and psychology could come together, because, contrary to what many people say, both complement each other. That's what I think. I mean it was shocking to read that babies that are insecure experience neorological death (I think that's what it's called when neurons go RIP in english, because my EE's in spanish). According to Schore, the first years are key because that's when connections between neurons are made, so attachment not only has an effect on emotional development but on cognitive development as well.

Well, thanks a lot for your help :):hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You helped me a lot, good luck with your EE!! I bet you'll do amazing. (or did you already receive your mark?)

The 'new' factor is I think the fact that the markers are looking for a 'new discovery!'. By this I mean, you have to suggest a new direction or idea or model, but have to refute it, and in the end, come up with a subtle suggestion that the 'new aspect' is valid and true. Let me give you and example. My EE was in Psychology, about Savants and where intellectually-able people could gain their power. Thought my evidence, I found that it IS possible, however with slight drawbacks, and in the end, more research needs to be conducted to help validate my claim. There's my EE in a nutshell :P. I discovered something 'new' because all the evidence I had collated hadn't previously been put into the one article or paper, and hence found a new take on a well known topic.

That's what they mean by something new :).

You sound all set though. You've discussed new models which is excellent. I wouldn't worry, however if you're STILL worried, ask your supervisor :) Good luck!