Headings and Subheadings in History EE

Julia B.

I just need some opinions. My EE is on Robin Hood, and I'm analyzing men who might have possibly been him. I have four, but I'm not sure if I should list each under his own subheading or just group everything into a big paragraph under my main heading about possible Robin Hoods. What do you think? I feel that subheadings would make my essay cleaner, but I'm afraid it will all sound kind of broken and not connected enough.

Thanks.

It's fine to have subheadings. It's just that you don't want like 20 subheadings because not only do they add to the word count, they do make it seem a little bit unconnected as you mentioned (in my point of view). Maybe try to have four or five, and only have it for major sections. I only had 'Introduction,' 'Origins of Foreign Assistance,' 'Aid in Battle,' 'Justification of Republican Defeat,' and 'Conclusion' as my subheadings. All of those were separate sections within my essay and I felt that without them it wouldn't flow as nice. Since you're looking at 4 different men, I'm assuming you have a few paragraphs for each person analyzing who he was, what he did, and evidence for/against him being Robin Hood. If I were in your situation I'd definitely give each his own subheading. It will flow better and look more organized.

I like your topic by the way, it's really interesting! :)