Ontario University application...

jess1ca

I'm kind of confused about how university applications work. I'm from Ontario, and I want to apply to universities in Ontario. If I apply as an IB student, will they look at my top 6 Ontario grades, or just my final IB score out of 45? Because right now, I'm feeling like top 6 would give me an advantage- my weak subjects wouldn't pull down my average.

Also, IB math, french, and TOK last year gave me 4 Ontario credits with 96+%. Whereas my IB score is currently a 14...

Can someone explain how this all works out?

Universities will look at your top 6 grades first if you're from Ontario. It's easier for them to compare you with other students in Ontario if they do that. If your IB grades were better than your Ontario grades, you could ask the universities to look at your IB grades too (most places will allow this). So if your weak subjects aren't included in your top 6 average (ie they aren't prerequisites), they won't pull down your average.

And nice job getting 4 96%+ credits and two 7s!