Help me decide my presentation topic?

dessskris

I'll have to start working on the presentation this Tuesday, so I've thought of several topics that I find interesting. help me decide, please?

I honestly like topic or KI #4 and #2 the most, but I guess #2 is too broad, hence I came up with #3. with #1 I wonder if comparing WOKs is too trivial or even a bad topic.

any input or comments on the topics would be greatly appreciated! thanks before.

UPDATE: which idea do you think is best or most appropriate? :S

1. Emotion VS Reason: To what extent can they justify a judgement or a decision?

2. To what extent does our identity shape the way we perceive life?

3. To what extent does our religion affect the way we perceive life?

4. "Seeing is believing." To what extent does this statement hold to be true?

5. To what extent is the information on the internet reliable?

6. How do we judge beauty?

7. Pre-marital sex: is it natural?

8. Is it better to hear a racist offence from someone from the same race or from a different race?

9. Bullying: Who should be blamed, the bully or the victim?

10. How can we know whether ghosts exist?

thanks a lot! <3

Edited by Desy Glau

I like numbers 3 and 4 and i've done an essay for the 4th knowledge issue so if you choose that i could help out a bit where i can :) KI#3 is very interesting and you could state how it can make us be judgemental about certain issues like perhaps other religions. And for #4, in terms of religion it's kind of true. Example for christians when we see the shroud of turin, it makes us have more faith in our religion because we kind of have proof that Jesus actually did exist therefore strengthening our faith and believing in it more. Hope you got me :S

Edited by kim luffy

Guest KAPOWW!!

I'll have to start working on the presentation this Tuesday, so I've thought of several topics that I find interesting. help me decide, please?

1. Emotion VS Reason: To what extent can they justify a judgement or a decision?

2. To what extent does our identity shape the way we perceive life?

3. To what extent does our religion affect the way we perceive life?

4. "Seeing is believing." To what extent does this statement hold to be true?

I honestly like topic or KI #4 and #2 the most, but I guess #2 is too broad, hence I came up with #3. with #1 I wonder if comparing WOKs is too trivial or even a bad topic.

any input or comments on the topics would be greatly appreciated! thanks before.

Ditch the 4th one,

I personally would go with the 2nd one since there's so much to be said like example:

Southpark- One episode where Kyle or Stan's father makes fun of African-Americans by calling them the b-word. So Kyle(or stan's lol) african american friend stops talking to him But Kyle says sorry couple of times adding in "I'm sorry I know what it must've been like to be referred to as b-word'..yada yada..eventually when the reconcile, the Kyle says " Yeah I get you I will never know what it was like to be b-word like no one will know what it was like to be a Jew(Kyle's a Jew)'

You see the whole point of that horribly narrated piece was to prove the that who you are give you intrinsic heritage, that is unique to only people like you and yourself. Hope I helped! :)D (un-shaven smiley)

thanks guys! I thought they were somewhat too broad though :S what about these?

which idea do you think is best or most appropriate? :S

5. To what extent is the information on the internet reliable?

6. How do we judge beauty?

7. Pre-marital sex: is it natural?

8. Is it better to hear a racist offence from someone from the same race or from a different race?

9. Bullying: Who should be blamed, the bully or the victim?

10. How can we know whether ghosts exist?

thanks all <3

Edited by Desy Glau

i think number 8 is your best bet:)

You can bring in stereotyping as well with the racism because doesnt racism start from stereotyping races anyway?

There are alot of real life examples you can use as well as lots of knowledge issues can be brought up from these.

Like in Zimbabwe mixed race people are called coloureds (i know, how terrible) and they are stereotyped into being really dangerous because of hot tempers, they're always breeding and they know every single other coloured person. Which in most cases isnt true. Im sure there is alot of stereotyping in Indonesia?

Just a thought :P good luck in choosing one dess:)

thank you all for the input!! :)

if I were to go with number 3, would it be okay if I do a group presentation on #2 and I myself focus on #3, then my friend(s) can focus on other things such as culture, identity, etc

and for #8, tbh I don't really know much about it since I'm not racist although people have been stereotyping me because I'm Chinese and there are a lot of stereotypes for most tribes in Indo. how is it related to TOK at all? :S