HL maths help

HelenR

I just started IB, and I want to be an engineer so i need to take maths HL. At the moment though, I don't particularly like my teacher and I was hoping you guys could offer me suggestions of websites or study guides that could explain things in a bit more detail. I already have the Hease & Harris Maths HL textbook.

Thanks!

I find the easiest way to learn my math, apart from my textbook of course, is from videos on the internet. There are two guys on YouTube who I particularly like, PatrickJMT and KhanAcademy. Khan covers many (tons) of other subjects but Patrick is purely math. I prefer Patrick mainly because his collection is more diverse but I'd suggest you check out both.

• Like 1

Let me google that for you. 8-)

The first few links seem nice. I use khan academy too. MIT open course ware is awesome. I don't like Hease and Harris either. If you search some you can find a pdf of the IBID HL book, it looks good from the bits I've read so far. In general, if I have questions about a specific topic or want to learn it more in depth I search it and read the university links or wiki that comes up.

Good luck with HL and hope I helped.

• 4 weeks later...

The IBID book is the best book according to my teacher because it has a lot of IB type questions.

I feel the oxford one is more spaced out so it's more understandable. I have both the ebooks, so if you want them, give me your email and I can email them to you.

I'll eventually upload it on the files section but my internet is slow and IBS takes way too long.

• 3 months later...

I find the easiest way to learn my math, apart from my textbook of course, is from videos on the internet. There are two guys on YouTube who I particularly like, PatrickJMT and KhanAcademy. Khan covers many (tons) of other subjects but Patrick is purely math. I prefer Patrick mainly because his collection is more diverse but I'd suggest you check out both.

Yup. Both are my favorites too. Khan Academy is indispensable for many other subjects (high school level as well as university level).

Some may suggest that MIT Open CourseWare is good, but I think it's better for university students. Most of the stuff doesn't apply to IB Diploma students.