Physics EE - Is this topic too broad?

The Fish

Hello!

I was thinking of looking at how various factors that affect the average rate of temperature increase of electrical wire. (Power, AC/DC current, voltage versus current, material that the wire is made out of, spacing of the wires) Is this topic too broad? How would you suggest I narrow it? Because looking at something like power and rate of temperature increase is far too narrow. Also, instead of looking at rate of temperature increase I could look at maximum temperature reached, but I think there would be less to do with that one. What do you think?

I think in this topic simplifying it would make it too basic. If you do several experiments on each of the factors you described and then analyzed the data together it would make a decent EE. Try and link it to conserving energy because of our effect on the environment if you want a personal link, my teacher said that was preferred. My EE is similarly basic when split into specific IV changes, try and find something awesome by itself but the compilation of various factors would be ok.

You could just test how much you can jack up the current before the wire melts, for different materials/gauge and then do some calculations. Just research some before you get to specifics. Its better to realize that you'd be fine doing less than to find out that you should have done more.