English A1 EE

IBsurvivor2012

2 members have voted

1. 1. Go for it (Mysticism in a set of poems) ?

• Yes
    • No

It's an interesting topic choice. Which set of poems are you looking at? That, of course, makes a huge difference.

Poems by W B Yeats and Rabindranath Tagore primarily. Oh, and with passing references to Edgar Allen Poe, Keats, Emily Dickinson....

That...is a very long list. How on earth will you fit poets of such high caliber in merely 4,000 words? Yeats and Tagore are enough for 4,000, it would be a heavy contraction in any case. But references to Poe, Keats, and Dickinson as well. Honestly, I do not see you being able to fit all of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Heyyy..

I've narrowed it down to- Mysticism explored in a set of poems in Tagore's Gitanjali and few (about 6) poems by WB Yeats.. Does it seem better now?

Oh and also, should i narrow it down further? Like, how do the two poets (Tagore and Yeats) use mysticism to illustrate the relationship between the finite and the infinite? OR, how do the two poets use symbolism and imagery to illustrate mysticism in the Gitanjali and a set of poems by Yeats?

It it a good idea to divide the EE into parts?

Please help ASAP!

Thanks

Hey!

Narrowing it down further is the next step in the process, so do narrow it down however you think fit. It is a good idea to divide your EE into parts, I did and so have many others. You just have to make sure that your division doesn't take away or harm the narrative in any way, be smart in your organisation and find an interesting way to interpret these poems. Don't do it poem by poem, that's very expected, find a way to fuse it all together under different banners, make the comparison obvious and glaring and you will get your marks.

• Like 1