Which is worse?

Sarabunny

Seniors from last year have told me that Senior year is easier because by the time IB really starts to get hard Senior year, you've already been accepted to colleges so it doesn't matter as much anymore.

(Assuming you're talking about USA)

Edited by Hexa

Junior year is hell, Senior year is much more manageable. College applications and acceptances aside, Junior year you finish the bulk of your work and more than 50% of your IAs in all classes, so Senior Year ends up being pretty laid back until exam time. Also if you're aiming for US Unis, the IB exams become a mere formality that you work for simply for college credit (in most cases).

huh I actually think the senior year is worse because it's the time when everything is due (EE, TOK, CAS, IAs) plus you have to balance your time with uni applications (especially if you apply to many unis, have to take an admission test or be interviewed, etc). but I have to say I get more free periods in the second year so it's not that terrible.

i think its the last year, cause it really is for me. It's getting tougher day by day and the workload just piles up not to mention the EE, TOK essay plus presentation and IA's to finish :/ and we just started uni application and we have to write CV's and chase teachers around to write recommendation letters for us and also choosing the uni's itself, doing toefl's etc. Yep, it's a living hell :blink:

Edited by kim luffy

IB2 is pretty chill so far, but I'd say its going to be worse than IB1 loll

So the first half you trying to get EE, TOK and WL done, and all your other little assignments, and the second part you are studying your butt off for exams.

Most people don't have exams in IB1, even though I had them, I only did 2, 4 exams is still a lot of studying :P

• 2 weeks later...

Senior year is DEFINITELY , without a doubt, harder. I actually had a social life for the first half of junior year. Went out with my friends every Friday night until midnight or later, sometimes on Saturdays or Sundays, and was still fine. Junior year was definitely stressful, but now that it's about 2 hellish months into senior year, I don't remember being stressful during junior year - it seems like a piece of cake compared to this year now... I think senior year is a lot worse because of EE, and even during the first day of school a ton of homework was given to us (since it's basically the same class continued). That, and college apps and all that... I haven't started on my college essays yet and I don't exactly know what schools I want to go to for sure. Is that bad? I also haven't started on my EE...

We're the first batch of IB in our school. Heck, we're the first bunch of kids in our school at all. Last year ( IB 1) for us was extremely chill, school started late because the construction wasn't done yet, we had too many holidays, and we just goofed off the entire year. But we're repenting now, with EVERYTHING due this year, and in addition to it, college apps.

And I'm one of those people who can't study unless they're also doing a multitude of extracurricular activities for each subject ( I really can't study, so I have to balance it out by doing lots of other things), so now I have more studying + more exracurriculars.

Hence screwed.

Wow, surprised some people said junior year was harder. For me, senior year is DEFINITELY harder. Grade 11 was so chill for me (especially since I've been in IB since grade 7. So I didn't have to get used to the system). I slacked off in all my classes up until exams. So I guess junior year was very stressful in April when I spent the entire month learning Chemistry and Math no thanks to my horrendous teachers (my math teacher didn't even teach. At least my chem teacher tried. Like literally, she would sit at her desk and not talk. Very frustrating. It's amazing how I survived April). But that is nothing compared to senior year right now. I haven't had a good night sleep since school started. Too much work and on top of that scholarship applications, extra curricular applications, not to mention uni applications. My EE took up all of September and now I have an IA for history and the WL 1 for English. Not to mention a midterm exam for Biology. I guess senior year is really hard up until my predicted grades are sent out to the universities. After that I think I have a month to relax and then another hell month for studying exams in order to keep up those predicted ugh.

I dunno, take my advice and enjoy junior year! I know I had lots of fun up until May exams :)I actually went to parties and watched TV lol. I guess finish your EE, TOK, CAS, WL whatever junior year if you wanna make senior year less stressful. I have yet to meet a person in my school who organized themselves that well but I'm sure there are loads of people out there who do it.

Yeah definitely IB2 is harder. By about a factor of a zillion.

In my case, all of the IAs, the Extended Essay and of course mock exams followed by the real exams (the results of which, being a non-US student, were vitally important) occurred in IB2. Plus I had majorly inadequate teaching for Chemistry (forwards slash no teaching at all for any of the HL content) so I had to spend IB2 desperately trying to catch up.

IB1 all I had to do was go to lessons. I'm still alarmed by how much I moaned about it back then. Little did I know what was to come :rolleyes:

To be honest I think that IB2 would still be harder even if my school hadn't screwed up and left all the IAs until the second year. The year with the exams in it, assuming that the results of said exams count for something, is always worst. Exam time means the time to mess around is gone. Sniff sniff.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of my teachers claim that IB junior year is so much harder than senior year, but I disagree. Even though I understand how everything works in IB now that I'm a senior, I feel that the material this year is so much more in-depth than it was last year. I don't do the full diploma (I have every class for it but chose not to do it) but I'm taking 4 IB exams this year and took 1 last year so I understand to some extent how hectic IB can get.

A lot of my teachers claim that IB junior year is so much harder than senior year, but I disagree. Even though I understand how everything works in IB now that I'm a senior, I feel that the material this year is so much more in-depth than it was last year. I don't do the full diploma (I have every class for it but chose not to do it) but I'm taking 4 IB exams this year and took 1 last year so I understand to some extent how hectic IB can get.

Omg! take diploma! u only need math!!!

o wait... but it needs to be Hl

Edited by Parahydroxyamphetamine

Omg! take diploma! u only need math!!!

o wait... but it needs to be Hl

My school requires you to take History HL for the Diploma, so I wouldn't be able to do it anyways. I took History HL last year but I didn't want to continue with it this year, which is why I'm taking IB Economics SL this year instead.