Sign in to follow this  

WL Paper 1 topic

So I was thinking of using the topic "The effect of imprisonment on Antigone and Meursault in Antigone and The Stranger" for my world lit paper 1, but I still have doubts on whether I could possibly write 1000-1500 words on this and was just wondering thoughts about it? Good? Bad? :sadnod:

I recommend for it to be sharpened. You could write a lot for that. However if you think you have doubts if you can come up with 1000-1500 words, I suggest a change in topic even, because that is not a very clear WL topic.

"The effect of imprisonment on Antigone and Meursault" is vague and unclear. You need to provide a sharper focus.

"(To what extent?)The effect of imprisonment on Antigone and Meursault... in doing?... of? leading to...? is the cause of?"

Those are my suggestions. You need to deeply analyze the similarities and differences in the two texts, and pick out what is consistent. If you cannot even write the word limit for that broad of a topic, you need to change it right now.

Edited by Capt'n Marth

For a word limit of 1000-1500, you would need to be aiming for >1400. Your research question, as previously stated by Capt'n Marth, is very vague and broad. Perhaps you actually know what you're going to write about and how you're going to discuss it and within the word limit, but your title doesn't reflect that at all. Narrow it down. World Lit 1 is a comparative essay (correct me if I'm wrong) and hence, you need a very specific topic as you must cover it thoroughly between two texts. Good luck!

Do some research. Anybody can easily write 1,500 words, your main concern should be how you will be limiting yourself to 1,500 words alone.

...As previously stated, your topic is too broad, perhaps narrowing it down to a particular effect of the imprisonment on the specified characters in your books would be an appropriate curtailment.