Can work from the IB1 year be caught on the IB2 year?

Eddie M

Hi guys, my points are at stake on this question.

You see, last year (IB1) I have been messing around a lot, and now I'm in my senior year and I've realized what I threw away :sadnod:

So is there any of the things that I could do to make up for my mistakes?

Like making up for missing the important coursework and stuff?

Edited by Eddie M

Tbh, that's a really pointless question to ask at this forum, this should be a question you pose to your IB Coordinator and your individual teachers. Every school has different ways of predicting your scores (I'm assuming that's why you care), for example, my old school would base IB predictions over Senior Year midterms and overall performance throughout the IB (but mainly in Senior Year) and that was because most of our IB teachers (or at leads half of them) changed between IB1 and IB2.

I'm sure there are other people who will tell you that in their schools, the IB grade is predicted based off of Junior Year performances, or overall performances in class until the day that the prediction is due, or based off of an amalgamation of total scores in every exam you've given since starting the IB and the average is used as a reference point.

It varies and only your school and teacher can answer these questions for you.

Arrowhead.

no there is not unless you have really changed and are now willing to work hard.

build good relationships with your teachers, pay attention in class, do your homework, finish your work as soon as you get it from your teacher, don't go waste your time on weekends.

it's late. but not too late if you're really serious to change.

Well, generally, that is a yes.

If you trace back the origins of IB, it was made for the sons and daughters of dignitaries/diplomatic personnel who had to move around a lot, and needed a centralized curriculum so that wherever they went, they could learn.

So, in this case, YES. If you seriously wanna prepare very well for the External Exams, its completely possible, if you devote lots and lots of time for the missed lessons. This may mean not having time for yourself, etc., but if its for IB, then you'd do it, right?

But together with the posts above, I believe you should go to your teachers, most importantly, and also your IB Diploma Coordinator, to ask how you can do it. Because they might be able to spare some time to reteach things you weren't able to learn!

Truly, I know you can squeeze out of this difficult situation. You just need time, patience, perseverance, and a little bit of help! :D

• 5 months later...