Work out? Tell us about it !

Guest KAPOWW!!

Guest KAPOWW!!

Heyo! I used to gym like hell but, went to hard at it came back home too tired to study and do other important stuff...*ahem* ;) So what I'm limited to now is all that I have home.

Current weights used: 25 pound(12.5kg) Dumbell- Biceps curls. The one where you place your elbow against your inner thigh, to serve as a fulcrum

10pounds(5kgs)Over-head Tricep(single arm)

25Pounds Over-head Triceps (Both arms)

The horse stance for thighs held for 5 minutes.

150 bunny hops -calves

50 high jumps -calves

Lots of random stuff for my 'Love Handles' ;)

Rarely do abs; already built them, just dieting to get rid of that bit of gut. :)

Shoulders well, I'm a guy... 'nuff said

Back- Lift 3 HL textbooks!!! ROFL ;)

What's your routine like? Does it work out or did it crash like mine? How long do you work out?

• Like 1

Well i usually have fun with my workouts:)

Sadly i dont work out that much anymore :( i just dont find the time or im waaay too tired to work out.

But when i do i have 2 routines:

ROUTINE 1

-run on treadmill for 20 mins (cardio)

-rest for 5 mins but i'll be stretching.

-rowing machine for 20 mins (cardio + full body workout)

-rest for 5 mins. (i'll be half dead by now anyways..lol)

-Bike for 15 mins. (thighs + cardio)

-rest for 10 mins. (almost dead ny now)

-Circuit..25 reps per machine..(to tone) <while chatting up hot gym instructor..lol>

-go home completely dead and stand under shower for a loooong time lol

ROUTINE 2

-walk on treadmill for 20 mins (at an uphill level) (little bit of cardio)

-rest for 10 mins + stretching

-zumba class :D 45 mins (cardio + learning a new SEXY dance :D) lol

-rest for 10 mins (half dead by now)

-Circuit..25 reps per machine..(to tone) <aaaannndd chatting up hot gym instructor :P>

-Rest for 10 mins + stretching

-sit in sauna for 10 mins

-shower..now completely dead but sooo relaxed lol

-go home and pass out on couch

BOTH ROUTINES INCLUDE LISTENING TO FAST PACED MUSIC (which will include random outbursts of singing which is sooo embarrasing in the gym) lol

I used to work out a bit, but then, of course, IB got in the way :(

I used to run for an hour every other day, do 50 sit-ups (or crunches) every morning, and stretch my whole body out.

I also used to go to our school gym every Wednesday afternoon and do some treadmill work, and random little exercises.

I'm planning to get back into gym just so I can look smoking in summer ;):P

These days I do Zumba for an hour a week and go for a run when I can be bothered or not tired... which isn't that often :(

I work out 4-5 days a week, mostly weights training. Helps to have a distraction from school and keep healthy. I'm 180cm (5'11'') and 73kg (160lb) and dumbbell curl 15kg and bench 60kg.

I usually work out for about 40-60 minutes depending on which muscle group I'm doing. Usually I go 2 days workout, 1 day rest, repeat.

I only started recently. Earlier in the year I went two months straight following my routine then for a month and a bit I stopped, lost motivation. But now I'm two weeks into my new program so hopefully I stick to it.

I'm part of a varsity in my school, so I participate in their cardio, etc.

We normally have cardio for about 1 hour, non-stop, jogging, then we have half an hour of push-ups, sit-ups, etc., and then 30 mins. of training for the sport itself, and this happens three times a week.

It's sometimes very hard for me to cope with IB due to this schedule. It's actually sometimes very hard!

But I still try to manage as well as I could! :D

Guest KAPOWW!!

Awesome guys!! 4 replies already, this way we'll be able to share a lot more about our progress and perhaps even motivate the occasional IB student! :D

So I'll reply in the order of your replies:

Jaymi: I like your 1st routine, though I don't know what Zumba is in your 2nd. Hahaha! flirting with instructurs, here its the other ways around cause profession like gym instructing and being a sportsman are for people who don't pass their 12th :P SO no hotties for me :(

ChikkyD: " Stretch my whole body out" LOL that really got me imaginative ;) That's nice, work up a beach bod, I'm dieting right now to get better definition for my 8-pack(I party hard YEAH!) ;).

Hus: Very interesting I swear I can lift 30 pounds curls, but I can't bench more than 10 pounds! :o WTF, Weird right?

Probably have to work my pecs more

Limmmer: That's cool, I'm assuming the term varsity means sports team or something, so cool, glad you made it that far, I've know friends in 'varsities' and DAMN! they don't work out but have killer abs et al, so my friend.. hope you get there too ! (Y):D

Jaymi: I like your 1st routine, though I don't know what Zumba is in your 2nd. Hahaha! flirting with instructurs, here its the other ways around cause profession like gym instructing and being a sportsman are for people who don't pass their 12th :P SO no hotties for me :(

haha thanks zumba is like a brazilian dance, it stretches your whole body and its cardio :D its aloooot of fun..for women..because it would be wierd to see men shaking their booties :blink:..lol well they start flirting so i flirt back its only natural..hahaha..

aww shamee that theres no hotties for you..lol

Haha I should probably make a routine.

Right now all I do are pushups.

I alternate days. On A days, I do pushups in 3 sets of 30ish, then for the 4th set I do until failure.

On B days, I do weighted pushups with my backpack and some weights. I start with 2kg added, then go up to 8kg.

Edited by dubyawhy

Guest KAPOWW!!

Haha I should probably make a routine.

Right now all I do are pushups.

I alternate days. On A days, I do pushups in 3 sets of 30ish, then for the 4th set I do until failure.

On B days, I do weighted pushups with my backpack and some weights. I start with 2kg added, then go up to 8kg.

IB student translation of:

I start with 2kg added, then go up to 8kg.

-Courtesy KAPOWW!!

"I start with Physics SL(course companion) and Maths HL(H&H) Then I progress to the Chemistry and Biology HL(Pearson) and Biology HL(Clegg)" :P

• Like 1

I never went to gyms and used any of the weights, so I really have no idea what you're talking about... I was always intimidated by the machines... Too many sweaty guys hanging around all the time. Can't a girl have some privacy?

My general workout used to include Ashtanga Yoga practice (very vigorous style of Yoga), and jogging 2km.

Now that I'm with the army, things have gotten a lot more intense. Nonetheless, I still don't and will never use machines.

• 3 weeks later...

wow, everyone is so fit!

i don't really have a routine, but i always have a training session with my trainer once a week, which generally kills me, if its lots of cardio. My favourite types of routines are ones that combine weights and cardio: generally how many reps you can do with various exercises in a certain time limit.

by myself i generally do interval type training on the treadmill or try a bike ride set on a 'hill' routine.

i love using the machines such the leg press, coz it makes me feel like a tank! ;) I'm really small and only weigh 45kg lol.

ooh -Guns of Steel-, you can only bench press 10 pounds??? is that like 5kg? now i don't feel s bad! haha :P i can JUST press 50% of my weight (about 20kg) which is really embarrasing, because the bar alone weighs 20kg...

Got back into my gym routine:

Time: 7:00am-8:00am

- Rowing for 2km

- Treadmill speeds 8-12 alternating for 15mins.

- Weights and steps x 200 steps

- Leg press - approx 60lbs (30ishkg) <-- pathetic, I know :P

- 30x crunches and sit ups

- 30x ankle taps

- 5min bike cycle if I can fit it in

After that I'm usually dying :P

EDIT: This occurs 5 mornings a week :P

Edited by ChikkyD

Guest -Guns of Steel-

Got back into my gym routine:

Time: 7:00am-8:00am

- Rowing for 2km

- Treadmill speeds 8-12 alternating for 15mins.

- Weights and steps x 200 steps

- Leg press - approx 60lbs (30ishkg) <-- pathetic, I know :P

- 30x crunches and sit ups

- 30x ankle taps

- 5min bike cycle if I can fit it in

After that I'm usually dying :P

Nice I must say,

I follow almost all the crunches from the Men's Health Best book and I'm getting good def on these 8 babies ;)

Don't be ashamed I started leg press with nothing, *blush* you're ...macho ; ) hahaha lol

Treadmill: jog at 10 since i'm relatively tall i.e. longer strides, but I can pull of 15 for 45 s with the whole machine shaking with every step ;)

Usually (and preferably!) I go for a run or a cycle in the great outdoors, but in the winter this isn't possible 'cause it's dark and there are literally no lights, soooo have to fork out for gym membership. My brain gets bored exercising indoors :blink: So mostly if I exercise indoors I like to cycle 'cause I can read a book vs. staring at the wall.

Generally I dooo....

30 mins on the cycling machine

30 mins on the treadmill (usually stop to walk for a few mins in the middle though unless I'm feeling mega energetic!)

10 mins on the cross-trainer to cool off (but longer than 10 mins my feet go tingly then numb... weirdest thing ever! Nobody else ever says it happens to them though so I must have a wonky nerve pathway in my foot or something...)

10 mins on the cycling machine

5 mins on the rowing machine (...my nemesis :angry: )

15 x leg press machine thing.

I don't really use the weights machinery much, it's a very male-dominated area of the gym, ahah. Mostly just cardio stuff to tire myself out and make me hungry for my dinner! Got to enjoy your grub. Actually that's the main reason I go (besides feeling good, obviously) - so I can eat what I want!

At one point last year I was pretty fit (got to 120kg on the leg press from doing loads of cycling, ahah) but I undid it all travelling this summer slash messing up my knees. Don't over-stress your knees folks, you only get one set :sadnod: I'd like to say that at least I am very athletic but thanks to the whole eating what I want, my knees were sacrificed solely for my stomach!

Guest -Guns of Steel-

Lets not deviate. But I have to say this, I knew you were a girl because you were excessively mature and strict sometimes and that's a very feminine things to do, reminds me of my girl ;) Though I'm not being a sexist, I'm a feminist btw, have no choice... :(