Organzing by each subject

Bert Macklin FBI

Hi,

So this is my first time posting on the site.

Since the we're still in the early stages of IB and actually capable of having free time, I was thinking that it would be a good idea to organize my notes NOW so that as each unit finishes in a subject I'll have the notes ready for the exam.

Has anyone got any advice on how to organize the notes for each subject

My HL's are Math, Chemistry, and Biology

and

My SL's are History, Spanish B, and English Lang/Lit

Ideally, I have binders for every subject BIG binders, with 6 dividers but I wondering what to put into each section so I was wondering if any of you could tell me how you chose to organize YOUR notes.

I would really appreciate.

Thanks

Edited by Johan Louw

For Chemistry and Biology, print off a copy of the syllabus and stick your notes into a folder using the syllabus. The syllabus is going to be like a crazy bible for you so honestly I can't think of any better way to organise your stuff - and also there's the bonus that you can track what you're learning with the syllabus and press your teacher to make sure they've fulfilled every single point on it.

Spanish I divided it into grammar, vocabulary and then just misc. Most of my stuff went in Misc but keeping stuff like grammar together is good for referencing and keeping vocab together just makes essays a bit easier but is non-essential because at the end of the day you can just use a dictionary.

Maths I just organised using the textbook's sections because the syllabus is a confusing piece of material (at least I found it that way).

English and History I have no idea. History probably by topic you're studying (?) and English usually generates the sorts of notes you make to stay awake as opposed to read again in the future, so I used mine largely as a repository for pieces of paper I never got back out again!

this is how I do it:

1. Notes or handouts

2. Worksheets

3. Topical tests

4. Past papers Paper 1

5. Past papers Paper 2

6. Past papers Paper 3 (where applicable. if not I'd use one slot for IAs)

for the sciences, might consider putting worksheets and topical tests together, and using one slot for IAs (lab reports).

this is how I do it:

1. Notes or handouts

2. Worksheets

3. Topical tests

4. Past papers Paper 1

5. Past papers Paper 2

6. Past papers Paper 3 (where applicable. if not I'd use one slot for IAs)

for the sciences, might consider putting worksheets and topical tests together, and using one slot for IAs (lab reports).

Thanks so much, this really helped a lot.