May 2012 Unite Chat Thread!

dessskris

:( i envy you :( even with lots of work I'm very lazy already. making my TOK presentation now, but idk how to answer my KI :( I mean I have a structure, but not sure how exactly it relates to the question. ARGH i so suck at this :( :(

In the beginning I was confused about my TOK presentation, too. Just ask your teacher to clarify everything for you :) Don't worry too much about your presentation. It's probably easier than you think. And besides, it only accounts for a third of your final TOK grade.

Well, you just have to evaluate your issue from many sides, I guess. Try to use TOK vocabulary whenever possible, but don't try too hard. Putting too many TOK words into your presentation will make it sound awkward. Also, try to point out the AOK/WOKs relevant to your issue.

Have you done your TOK essay yet? If so, how did you go about it? I'm still not sure how I should approach mine :/

I can't ask my teacher, he already told us he couldn't help us with the content because he'll be marking our presentation. I also can't ask the other TOK teacher, I have no time besides idk how to contact him :( thank you for the advice! I've tried to, just idk how to link it to my topic @_@ haha I'm not the right person to ask about TOK! I've done my almost final essay draft, which is like my 8th one. I've started all over like twice. it's so horrible! my tips: google your essay title and read as many tips as possible about your title lol :P

Ninety: wow, you're done with your EE. So am i :) it feels great being done with it :D

Desy: how's the TOK essay thing going? I got mine corrected recently and my teacher said it was a good start just that i have to edit some few things and make some counter arguments. BTW congrats on the oxford thing :)

Am I ready? Well no. Not at all. I'm not completely done with TOK. Got my presenttion on Tuesday and haven't begun the essay yet.

CAS- got to write up all my reflections, still haven't done that yet.

As for my EE....I handed my supervisor in my second draft, and he hasn't looked through it. My deadline for handing the final in is definitely before the christmas break. Otherwise I'm in trouble since I kept extending the deadline.

Yeah, uhmmm...I'm not the best IB student. But anyway. Guess I've got to try and get everything out the way.

And I see no point at all in CAS. But it's funny to think that even if you were to get a 42 for example, if you haven't done any CAS, you've basically failed the IB.

And I see no point at all in CAS. But it's funny to think that even if you were to get a 42 for example, if you haven't done any CAS, you've basically failed the IB.

Well i don't think CAS is that meaningless. I really enjoy the service but the rest not so much. And yes it is funny and kind of annoying to know that. After all your hard work and sleepless nights, just because of CAS, you don't get your diploma.

I'm not worrying about my TOK essay atm lol, there are lots of more important things to worry about :P my TOK essay is due in january so I'm focusing on doing my other assessments or just uni stuff that's due in this month.

lolz I don't like CAS either...would be very happy if I didn't have to do CAS.

just did my IOC and it was totally messed up... this time it's not an understatement!! I totally screwed up! so my class has got two texts: a novel and a collection of poems. I totally hated the novel and wished to get a poem. so I mostly studied for the poem and not study much for the novel. but in the end I got an extract from the novel D: and when we first read that novel, I didn't read that part so I didn't know what it means or what's its significance... I also didn't see anything worth analysing in the extract... oh God I wish I had gotten a poem :( fortunately my introduction was perfect. but the content was a total mess. I didn't even answer one of the guiding questions because I forgot. ARGH!!! good bye IB 7...

I'm not worrying about my TOK essay atm lol, there are lots of more important things to worry about :P my TOK essay is due in january so I'm focusing on doing my other assessments or just uni stuff that's due in this month.

lolz I don't like CAS either...would be very happy if I didn't have to do CAS.

just did my IOC and it was totally messed up... this time it's not an understatement!! I totally screwed up! so my class has got two texts: a novel and a collection of poems. I totally hated the novel and wished to get a poem. so I mostly studied for the poem and not study much for the novel. but in the end I got an extract from the novel D: and when we first read that novel, I didn't read that part so I didn't know what it means or what's its significance... I also didn't see anything worth analysing in the extract... oh God I wish I had gotten a poem :( fortunately my introduction was perfect. but the content was a total mess. I didn't even answer one of the guiding questions because I forgot. ARGH!!! good bye IB 7...

Murphy's Law. What can go wrong...WILL go wrong.

Ouch. I did my IOC last month and I had the same experience as you. There were a few texts that I didn't particularly like, so I didn't spend a lot of time on them. In the end, I got a poem that I didn't really like (and never really tried to understand), and my gosh did I mess up on my IOC... After my IOC was over I cried in front of my teacher and she had to console me :/

But oh well, at least it's over. Look on the bright side! We just need to do better in the actual exams. *fingers crossed*

• 2 weeks later...

hey people i am sparsh fro the calorx world school. i am done with my tok essay as well as presentation. my cas is done and my ee is almost done......the problem is the new B&M case study.....can anyone give some resources for the case study... i have my mock on day after tomorow!! :(:(:(

• 1 month later...

Soon enough people, soon enough :D So what are you guys currently working on? :eek:

History IA's due on the 24th, foreign language oral's March 2, my IOC's the following week, and we're doing a bunch of labs for chem to finish our IAs.

Yeah I'm going to die :panic:

You?

Well, I just submitted my final ToK essay, did the presentation three weeks ago, so DONE with TOK. English orals are going to be finished by the end of February I reckon. Math Portfolio due very soon, guess I better finalize that. Hmmm.. ITGS IA due next week or so... I'm being overloaded with labs actually. We've changed teachers so many times, it's unbelievable... And now we have to pay the price -.- by working excessively hard. Hehhhh..

Soon enough people, soon enough :D So what are you guys currently working on? :eek:

too soon, I'd say!

all syllabi are finished already, now just revising from past papers... all IAs finished although I'm afraid we still need more lab hours in Physics. TOK essay is finished and will be submitted to IB website next week. EE is almost final.

and, mocks will start next tuesday... oh no :(

too soon, I'd say!

all syllabi are finished already, now just revising from past papers... all IAs finished although I'm afraid we still need more lab hours in Physics. TOK essay is finished and will be submitted to IB website next week. EE is almost final.

and, mocks will start next tuesday... oh no :(

Lucky! Good luck too, it feels good to get things out of the way :D How many labs have you done already? I thought EE would be one of the first things schools would send out. :/ We sent ours in the beginning of January. Every other IA is due this month for us. lol

I was in denial up until yesterday- last night. Then, I realised that 2 months nearly from now is NOTHING! And it dawned on me how bloody stupid I was for taking higher Physics as well as higher Chemistry and Maths.

Physics right now is a nightmare. Maths isn't so bad, I guess.

We've practically finished the Chem syllabus (just got to go through the last part of human biochem- hormones, which we'll finish tomorrow). With Physics, we've still got a couple of topics left. And Maths- well, we've nearly finished our option- series and differential equations.

IA's wise, I've just got to complete one more design IA for Physics and one more DCP for Chemistry, then I'm done. TOK essay first draft handed in, going to get feedback on it in about a week. I've got to re-do my presentation though, and I don't know when that is.

Handed in my final EE ages ago. Don't know what I got though.

It feels like I'm on some sort of brink here. Edging towards insanity.

I've never been more stressed in my life.

Urgh. Regrets.

Lucky! Good luck too, it feels good to get things out of the way :D How many labs have you done already? I thought EE would be one of the first things schools would send out. :/ We sent ours in the beginning of January. Every other IA is due this month for us. lol

thank you! chem, we've done so many labs, definitely more than 15 or even more than 20 probably. physics, we've only done less than 10 I think. actually yeah our EE was due in January but our school postponed the deadline cuz I had to change my supervisor and he wanted me to make lots of changes, and my other friends also still need to make changes. so yeah..

And it dawned on me how bloody stupid I was for taking higher Physics as well as higher Chemistry and Maths.

YES!! I regret taking physics HL SO MUCH!!!!! I was probably high when I thought I'd be an engineer and hence need physics HL -- it's definitely not my thing. we've been doing past papers and I'm really depressed that I can't answer any question at all even in paper 1... gosh.

thank you! chem, we've done so many labs, definitely more than 15 or even more than 20 probably. physics, we've only done less than 10 I think. actually yeah our EE was due in January but our school postponed the deadline cuz I had to change my supervisor and he wanted me to make lots of changes, and my other friends also still need to make changes. so yeah..

And it dawned on me how bloody stupid I was for taking higher Physics as well as higher Chemistry and Maths.

YES!! I regret taking physics HL SO MUCH!!!!! I was probably high when I thought I'd be an engineer and hence need physics HL -- it's definitely not my thing. we've been doing past papers and I'm really depressed that I can't answer any question at all even in paper 1... gosh.

SAME!!!! The papers are just omg. It's the way the questions are phrased. You have to literally know the definitions of every single concept. And you have to know the implications of the definition inside out. Crazy stuff. Urgh.

Enough chat. Guess I'd better carry on with another physics paper.

for me, my problem is that I don't understand any of the physics concepts. my physics teacher last year was not very good, and this year I just don't get anything due to lack of background.

I really need to read the textbook properly... and do practise questions :(

and even worse, I'd need to self study one physics option. SELF STUDY!!! D: dunno if that would work.