May 2012 Unite Chat Thread!

dessskris

for me, my problem is that I don't understand any of the physics concepts. my physics teacher last year was not very good, and this year I just don't get anything due to lack of background.

I really need to read the textbook properly... and do practise questions :(

and even worse, I'd need to self study one physics option. SELF STUDY!!! D: dunno if that would work.

You don't understand any of the concepts?? But you got an awesome prediction.....

You don't understand any of the concepts?? But you got an awesome prediction.....

I can't believe I got that either lol. but I must admit it's a low 7. I got a 6 in my mocks in october.

we're lucky the boundaries for physics is so low that it's not that difficult to get a 7! I'm thankful :'D it saves me from failing despite not knowing anything much.

I can't believe I got that either lol. but I must admit it's a low 7. I got a 6 in my mocks in october.

we're lucky the boundaries for physics is so low that it's not that difficult to get a 7! I'm thankful :'D it saves me from failing despite not knowing anything much.

How can you say you don't know anything?? To get a 6 in your october mocks means you know some things!!

I got a 3 in my mock. :(

I was in denial up until yesterday- last night. Then, I realised that 2 months nearly from now is NOTHING! And it dawned on me how bloody stupid I was for taking higher Physics as well as higher Chemistry and Maths.

Physics right now is a nightmare. Maths isn't so bad, I guess.

We've practically finished the Chem syllabus (just got to go through the last part of human biochem- hormones, which we'll finish tomorrow). With Physics, we've still got a couple of topics left. And Maths- well, we've nearly finished our option- series and differential equations.

IA's wise, I've just got to complete one more design IA for Physics and one more DCP for Chemistry, then I'm done. TOK essay first draft handed in, going to get feedback on it in about a week. I've got to re-do my presentation though, and I don't know when that is.

Handed in my final EE ages ago. Don't know what I got though.

It feels like I'm on some sort of brink here. Edging towards insanity.

I've never been more stressed in my life.

Urgh. Regrets.

Do not feel sad or depressed, trust me, some other people have it way worse. If you've made it this far with those HLs, then you must be very good at them. In our school, trust me, we're not done WITH ANY SUBJECTS, or any IAs except for only 1 or 2. So be happy, try your best. :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How can you say you don't know anything?? To get a 6 in your october mocks means you know some things!!

I got a 3 in my mock. :(

nametaken, if you want to push up your Physics grade in a short period of time I recommend studying definitions. If you know your definitions it'll help your understanding of many concepts, and you'll be able to get the easy marks from regurgitating definitions from memory in the exam. Just go on Quizlet and search for "IB HL Physics definitions", or something like that. You'll find sets of flashcards - just click on one, study from it and voila. Here's my own set of Physics definitions by the way :)

• Like 1

Desy I'm jealousss. I've still got the IOC (which I do March 14) and the foreign language oral (which I do March 2), and just a few more labs to do. I've got to write up all my CAS, but I've got all of my hours done. At least my EE, TOK, WLs, and history investigation are finished!

I'm trying to decide when the best time to start reviewing for chem (especially since I need to go over some of my weaker topics) since I want a 6 or 7 (not required by the unis I applied to, but I figured since I'm going to study chem I should do well in it :P ). Should I start soon, or should I wait until April rolls around? I can't really review for English or Spanish, and for history I'm not starting my review until April when we've finished all of our topics (we're in our last one right now, our paper 1 topic).

wow they're so soon :o good luck!!!! if i were you i'd try to finish as much work as soon as possible, so after that i can focus on revising for exams :) well but you've got your two subjects out of the way so you dont have much to worry about! >.<

i myself am starting to seriously revise for physics... it's like my worst subject, followed by indo A1. have to self study a physics option too if i dont wanna fail :/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...