Didn't all great scientists face ridicule before stardom?

Guest KAPOWW!!

Guest KAPOWW!!

That's it, if I remember right the guy who made the plum pudding model was ridiculed a lot about his theory. Well that's probably not right or concrete enough, care to point me in the direction of some evidence for the topic?? :D Thanks!

KAPOWW!! ;)

Einstein was one of them. His theories were doubted partly due to his background, as he was a German Jew living in the US around the WWII time period.

Another reason why his theories weren't initially accepted was because it wasn't possible to prove them with the technology then - I think there are also some of his other theories that have yet to be proven or disproven.

Now, I can't really say about the plum pudding model scientist...

That's just like the law of life. Name one person in the world who was successful - instantly. Queen of England, basically.

JK Rowling, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, any number of philosophers, scientists, writers, poets, painters, inventors -- everybody who was ever successful endured failure first. It's just that for most people, failure is a permanent state.