Psych EE Narrow Enough? (Lucid Dreaming Psychotherapy)

holly

Vote? :)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is it narrow enough?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

My research question is:

How effective is lucid dreaming as a method of psychotherapy in those who suffer from post traumatic stress disorder?

This would be considered psychology, right? I'm afraid that writing it on lucid dreaming would be a problem because some people see it more as a spiritual thing and it's not a very...concrete? (not sure if that's the right word) idea. This is narrow enough? Any suggestions?

Guest KAPOWW!!

My research question is:

How effective is lucid dreaming as a method of psychotherapy in those who suffer from post traumatic stress disorder?

This would be considered psychology, right? I'm afraid that writing it on lucid dreaming would be a problem because some people see it more as a spiritual thing and it's not a very...concrete? (not sure if that's the right word) idea. This is narrow enough? Any suggestions?

Those people would probably be tw@ts! :D;) Okay so you're topic is specific in its subject not to worry, and I must mention I LOVE both the things you're studying PTSD and Lucid dreaming! (Y) I hope you're EE is excellent.

Secondly how are you going to find PTSD patients? I hope you have the contacts and thrid, are you going to conduct a kind of Lucid dreaming training for them or just gather stats, becuase that makes it a lot like a maths project then...erm

Lastly what I ask all EE posters, DO you think you can cover 4000 words with this topic alone or is there a need to add one more RQ(research ques). Btw I don't know whether that's your title or RQ so I might have got it wrong.

Cheers, hope I helped! :D

Ahhh! Thank you SO MUCH! This makes me feel so much better haha, since the first draft of my EE was due last week but I just now figured out my research topic... Do I have to find PTSD patients? I'm not doing an experiment if that's what you mean, I don't know if that's a requirement or what... I don't think anyone in Psych is doing an actual experiment, just research.

About the word count, I'm not too sure... I think I might be able to. Isn't the maximum 4,000 and the min 2,000 or 2,500? So I just need to hit in between that, don't I? And that is my research question :).

Edited by holly

i think it's fine and it belongs in psychology and i don't think it's not spiritual.

And i agree with KAPOWW how will you find the patients and all that? and how will you measure the effect? (sorry if that's a stupid qns :blink: )

where will you find the patients? And remember that you can't do anything unethical or you might get disqualified. At least that's what my psycho teacher said :P best of luck :D hope i helped

Does an EE in Psychology have to be an experiment?!

Edit - Okay! Sorry about that. I don't know about other schools, but for our Psych EEs, we don't have to do it on experiments and I'm doing it purely from research. :)

Edited by holly

you do know that the EE is marked by an IB examiner, right? so school A can't say X while school B says Y. they have to follow the same thing otherwise one is going to get it wrongly.

please check with the EE guide, the subject specific section for Psychology whether you need to conduct an experiment. if they recommend you to, please do so! doing otherwise might make it more difficult for you to get a good score. but if they say you don't have to conduct an experiment then, yeah, you don't have to worry about that.

you do know that the EE is marked by an IB examiner, right? so school A can't say X while school B says Y. they have to follow the same thing otherwise one is going to get it wrongly.

please check with the EE guide, the subject specific section for Psychology whether you need to conduct an experiment. if they recommend you to, please do so! doing otherwise might make it more difficult for you to get a good score. but if they say you don't have to conduct an experiment then, yeah, you don't have to worry about that.

I'm pretty sure this has been done with previous students before so it should be fine, but just be sure... I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but where can I find the rubric/guide/whatever it's called? :S

Edited by holly

I'm pretty sure this has been done with previous students before so it should be fine, but just be sure... I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but where can I find the rubric/guide/whatever it's called? :S

You can get it in the General Files Section of IB Survival for free.

Just look for it under subject guides.

HERE: