Should I drop EVS/ Biology SL for History SL?

johanna0616

My current subjects are: English A2 HL, French B HL, Maths SL, Geography HL, EVS SL and Biology SL

We have a limit of 2 course changes... and I've only one left.

I would like to study Law and Journalism in Uni, so I think my subjects should be more language orientated. Right now I'm planning to change Biology or EVS SL to History SL. But which one should I change?

A lot of people say EVS is a really easy subject to get a 6/7, however people at my school disagree saying it's actually harder than Biology (SHOCK!)

I've only had a few lessons so I don't know, so any opinions?

And is Bio + History basically self destruction? Both subjects require very heavy memorisation, and I don't think I can really do that.

Thank you(: Any advice would be good!

P.S: Can anybody tell me how does the IB work? Like how many IAs (Internal Assesments) will I get for my History SL? And does anyone know what it will be about?

change ESS to History.

for History there will be only one, but big IA called Historical Investigation.

Thanks (:

But wouldn't both History and Biology be really... hectic? And I've still got Geography...

My main focus is to get a 7 in the subjects, so I'd prefer Bio/EVS, whichever has a higher chance of getting 7 and preferably easier lol

to where or which country do you want to go for uni?

some unis do look down on ESS. and anyway your HLs are reasonably easy so you don't need to worry about having History+Biology+Geography. and your Bio and Geo are only at SL <_< for God's sake why did you choose Bio if you think you can't do well on it? you should choose subjects that are relevant for your uni course and interesting for you, and those that you think you can score well at. like, I wouldn't take History HL knowing I totally suck at it.

to where or which country do you want to go for uni?

some unis do look down on ESS. and anyway your HLs are reasonably easy so you don't need to worry about having History+Biology+Geography. and your Bio and Geo are only at SL <_< for God's sake why did you choose Bio if you think you can't do well on it? you should choose subjects that are relevant for your uni course and interesting for you, and those that you think you can score well at. like, I wouldn't take History HL knowing I totally suck at it.

Not all schools offer the subjects you want, and for example in the US history is often mandatory...