Problems with applying to uni

timmotytimmoty

What country are you trying to apply to? Many countries have a standardised application system - in the UK this is called UCAS, in the USA it's called the Common App and in other countries they have their own versions.

You should look on the websites of specific universities to find information about the courses etc. but the actual applications themselves are generally made through an intermediary website such as the ones I just mentioned (UCAS etc.).

You should also make use of things like League Tables (e.g. for the UK look for the Times University Ranking Table) which let you compare Universities and different courses using multiple criteria to determine which is best.

• 2 months later...

I have problems to apply to university, everytime when I open the Uni website, I got lost, don't really know what should I look for, since I found the information/ or not, I usually stop there. Can anyone tell me any tips for applying universities?

well firstly look up the course list. see if they have the course you're interested in. after that, check out the course structure or the modules and see if it interests you.

then, see their entry requirement, including English language requirement. think whether it's achievable.

next, see the tuition fee. is it affordable? also check out the Scholarships section, maybe you're eligible for some kind of aid.

then, accommodation. can you live on campus throughout the duration of the course? if so, check out the price and what the rooms are like.

after that, you may want to find out stuff like the student life, clubs and societies, consider the location of the uni, the facilities, etc...

last, check out the deadline of application! don't miss the deadline!

good luck!