ART HL 2nd year- Freaking out!

Turkalurky

firstly, dont write in caps please:) you can easily show you're freaking out with a few--> !!! lol

Dont know when you're doing your exams but im assuming you've just started IB2??

Well when i began 2nd year HL visual arts, i was quite relaxed..okay maybe not so relaxed but i was. Now im freaking out. o.O exam is in almost 2 weeks.

Here is some advice for you if you dont want to be as freaked out and stressed out as i am. <if you're writing this year,then these tips will come in handy to someone else if they read this thread> :)

-Finish ALL your IWB pages now, make sure there are no blank pages so when it comes to choosing pages its a breeze.

-Finish ALL your previous pieces now. And i mean now. As soon as they are done, take a professional picture of it. (I advise you to hire a professional photographer to take pictures of your art for you, since the pictures can make or break your mark..thats what i did :P) <exactly how you want it to appear in your candidate booklet> so you're not stressing out to take the pictures of all of them at once.

-Count how many pieces you have and make sure you're on track.

-Finally, start planning how you want your exhibition to look like. Start stocking up on fabric and tables and eisles to use in your exhibition. So you're not running around like a headless chicken when you're setting up.

I'm stresssing out!

i have actually begun all of my pieces but haven't finish the majority of them due to lack of art supplies or just because i wanted to start a new one haha.. i have a very short attention span

and with my IWB its so much easier said then done, i think i spend too much time on each page, do you, Jaymi have any tips?

you seem so relaxed haha teach me!

:D

Dont worry. Its the 4/10/2011 here and the examiner is coming on the 21st. I am freaking out, only have about 3-5 works that I am actually happy with. My best advice for you is always, and I mean always, ask your teacher for advice about it. They are good at not only destressing you, but also giving you ideas you may not have thought of. Oh, and dont restart your IWB a month before they are due :(

I'm stresssing out!

i have actually begun all of my pieces but haven't finish the majority of them due to lack of art supplies or just because i wanted to start a new one haha.. i have a very short attention span and with my IWB its so much easier said then done, i think i spend too much time on each page, do you, Jaymi have any tips?

you seem so relaxed haha teach me!

:D

heyy madisongrace :) sure i can give you a few tips!=D

well if you do one page EVERY SINGLE DAY, you wont be so stressed to do lots of pages when an assignment is due (i happened to leave everything to the last minute:() so please dont do that :) Art is a destressing subject, so doing one page a day (and you say you spend alot of time on one page? thats fine! just make sure that you don't spend over an hour on one page) will take away the stress from other subjects and is like an outlet for your feelings, furstrations etc. Think of your IWB as your personal diary:) but will just have visuals and research and experimentation etc. Oh and make sure you finish a piece completely before moving on to another one, i left most of my pieces half done before moving on to the next and it just piled up. If you do this, you wont be so stressed when it comes to exams. :)

Good Luck hun!=) If you want help with pieces or page ideas just send a pm and i'll be sure to help in any way :)

I am truly and completely freaking out!

I had to fight a lot with my DPC before I was allowed to take it, and as a result I missed out on the whole first semester. As a result, I'd finished only 5 studio works by the end of IB1.

This year, due to the screwed up time table, I have only three 50-minute lessons a week.

I simply do not have enough time!

I am truly and completely freaking out!

I had to fight a lot with my DPC before I was allowed to take it, and as a result I missed out on the whole first semester. As a result, I'd finished only 5 studio works by the end of IB1.

This year, due to the screwed up time table, I have only three 50-minute lessons a week.

I simply do not have enough time!

Dont be freaked out! Since you're doing SL, you're only meant to do a minimum of 8 pieces. You've done 5 in IB1 <just make sure they're all finished properly and are strong pieces so you can use them>..all you have to do is maybe 4 more pieces, take about a month on each (you're supposed to do that anyway). Or, you can make up for not having many pieces for having huge pieces and 3D pieces. <of course all layered> Plus, IB wants to see growth in the candidate and your knowledge of the use of media. Stop panicing honey! you're on track :)

• Like 1