November 2011 exams!

ps99

How is everyone doing with their revision? and how are you revising for your subjects?

From what I hear from my friends, they're re-reading their course companions over and over!

They're absolutely scared for the IB external tests, and I don't see most of them online anymore due to the amount of studying they need to do! :D

Good luck to you guys!

(For the rest who post, this will be a great opportunity for the other year 1 ib students to know more about how to prepare! So, keep posting!)

i am freaking out!! i havent had a chance to start revising!!! oh my gosh..i soo feel like if im going to totally bail these exams. Its this art!! aarghh my teacher forgot to tell us when the exhibition was, so we all kept starting new pieces, now all of us havent finished out pieces and guess what, exam is in less than 2 weeks!!! o.O The main exam im scared for is maths. Im like, TERRIBLE. Anybody have some tips?????? :'(

How is everyone doing with their revision? and how are you revising for your subjects?

I just finished my business IA today.Now I have to finish some CAS stuff and get my revision going.

:/ Like Jaymi,I worry about the maths.I have had so many blank moments in maths this term its not even funny anymore.

I worry about what will happen in the exam.

I plan to be in full revision mode within 2 weeks.

:\

I feel so unmotivated!! I have mock exams which begin in 2 days and I still have quite some content left to cover!

Let's hope our exams aren't too difficult...

Basically I'm just going over the syllabus and completing heaps of past papers to familiarize myself with the way IB asks the question

I'm most worried about HL chem though... :(

Goodluck guys!

I'm so scared >.<

I started revising for Physics and Bio last week and almost cried when I realised how much I have to know and remember bawling.gif

I made myself some flashcards for French ^_^, and I've just been writing practice essays for English revision.

Maths is my weak point. I'm very worried :(

• 3 weeks later...

To everyone that is involved with this thread doing their Nov exams, I'd like to say congratulations! You've made it so far, and you guys are almost finished! All those cruddy IAs, Center of Hexagon components, World Literature Assignment(s), G4 project, portfolios, university applications, labs, and all the other stuff you have all been through. You're done! I'm so happy for you all. Your achievements are incredible! So please let yourself know that you are doing great, and I hope you all feel good about yourselves!

You've been through those sleepless nights, coming to school to sleep, slack and procrastinate. Now all of that is behind you! You've probably made lots of companions, made those few close friends that will stay with you your whole lifetime. Don't forget about IB and all the memories you have had and all the time you've spent freaking out about that one question and getting clarification from a teacher about a due date. IB has forged and imprinted those unforgettable memories. I hope it was all worth it for you guys! I'm sure you're all headed towards great futures.

Again, I'd like to extend my congratulations to everyone that is doing their exams in the coming month! It's time for you to show IBO what you've got after going through IB1 and IB2! Study hard, remember to actually get some rest this time for these big papers and good luck! Don't push yourself too hard.

I'm sure I speak for IBS when I say that we would love you to come back and return to the forums. We are a expanding community, with all the fresh young minds looking for help, your experience is an invaluable treasure to the forums and all the oblivious and unsuspecting youth out there to replace you as the new cohort of candidates!

Regards,

Capt'n Marth

:)

• Like 4

Le sigh

My first exam is November 1st. English Paper 1. And then the two following days I have the Maths papers.

Oh wow I can't believe the exams are this close, they're finally here.

Not that I'm looking forward to them per se, rather, I'm so ready to finally complete IB.

I just don't know if my study will be enough. You know? You do practice papers, do pretty good, see your mistakes and go "Oh, yeah, I get it now. Won't repeat that mistake."

BUT WHAT IF YOU DO. Or it's like, you do a practice paper, kind of screw up, but shrug your shoulders and "I'll do better next time."

EXCEPT THERE WON'T BE A NEXT TIME.

I'm finding it so hard to motivate myself, and now that the days are getting hotter I'm feeling all lethargic and it's so hard not to hate my subjects haha.

Like, I want to squeeze the necks of Willy Loman and Blanche duBois and OHMYGOD I DON'T CARE IF YOUR LIVES SUCK, I DON'T WANT TO WRITE ABOUT YOU ANYMORE.

And I'm soooo over economics and gagh.

Though I looked back at some past exams I did last year and stuff and had a good chuckle at the ridiculousness that was my method of answering questions.

..........got...to....keep.....going............

I wasn't too scared of exams, more just excited to get them done & finish school. Until today I was fine but now I'm feeling all queasy in my stomach, but hopefully that will just pass.

I'm looking forward to not having to do maths anymore or another english commentary after thursday at 10.30am when the math P2 is over!

Best of luck to everyone, work hard and you'll be rewarded!

Just keep your mind open to both the prose and poem and use the 5 minute reading time to pick your text and start planning in your head (don't spend 1 minute choosing and the other 4 minutes thinking about what you'll have for lunch! :blum: )

Also, enter the exam room positive, build your mindset so that you enter the exam room confident and prepared. If you enter thinking you will fail-your shooting yourself in the foot.

It also helps to stay away from classmates who have a defeatist/ o cr*p, im going to fail this exam attitude and the over-cocky "this will be such a breeze" students (don't know if you have them in your class)

Get a good night's sleep, try to sleep earlier so that your refreshed for the first exam! (there's no point staying all night and studying for it and enter the exam room already tired and half asleep) :coffee:

Good luck! :D

My first exams are Maths SL on 2 November and 3 November. I finish with Business and Management SL on 18 November. I can't believe that after so much that we've all been through it's finally come to this. I always saw other IB students talk about the exams, but I never actually knew how it would feel until now. I don't really feel like I will fail (I know I've learned a great deal these two years), it more like the anxiousness, like reality is overflowing...but I am confident to get my 37-41 range. ;)

• Like 1