History EE topic too broad?

smp_11

Adequate EE topic?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is this topic too broad?

I would say it's too broad, yes. This is history, right?

Try and shove in a particular time frame, or event. For example, "To what extent did ____ influence the role of Nasser on the rise and fall of Pan-Arabism", where the underscores represent a feature or event or outcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Just so you dont know, Pan-Arabism was a movement to create a single arab state. If I added in a time frame into my research question like this:

"To what extent did Nasser influence the rise and fall of Pan-Arabism from 1956 to 1970?"

Would it be alright? I found that when I just focus on one particular event regarding Pan-Arabism, it is somewhat hard to come up with 4000 words. Instead I looked at the influence of a single person on Pan-Arabism.

Edited by smp_11

Im studying this topic right now in history. I'd rephrase it as "To what extent did Gamal Al Nasser influence the rise and fall of the Pan-Arabic movement concerning Egypt and Syria from 1956 to 1970?"

There are several other options such as analysing the strengths and weaknesses of his foreign or domestic policies or doing an EE about antisemitism or anticolonialism towards the UK at the time.