My IA. FInished, but not "history oriented" enough?

WhyIB

Please help me out guys!

Let me introduce myself, I have done PYP and MYP and I am on my senior year, in a different school taking the IB...so here's the problem I'm facing. We wrote our IA's last year to have more wiggle room senior year. After turning in my paper, my teacher told me, after having gone over my topic and question many times, that it was not history oriented enough. But I made it clear to him how it is because well, I'll explain in a moment. Here is my question:

How Significant Was Theodor Geisel’s Children’s Book The Lorax to the Environmental Movement?

In my Plan of Investigation, I explicitly state that the investigation focuses on the significance of the Lorax because of its social impact and of legacy as part of the environmental movement.

He's worried that if my IA is called in...they won't even read it. As you can imagine, I'm extremely frustrated and very worried at this point. Please, go easy on me.