Tips for concentrating before exams!

akr1

Hey everyone! I'm starting this post so that everyone can add a tip that works with them when they cannot concentrate! Also, I really need some tips! Ever since October has started I have ZERO concentration and I really want to stuudy.... T_________T So Please some tips!!!

What I do when I cannot concentrate:

*jump into the pool

*look youtube videos

*read another non IB related book

The third one is the worst right now... I fill up my head with other information other than my IB classes... HELP

Hey everyone! I'm starting this post so that everyone can add a tip that works with them when they cannot concentrate! Also, I really need some tips! Ever since October has started I have ZERO concentration and I really want to stuudy.... T_________T So Please some tips!!!

What I do when I cannot concentrate:

*jump into the pool

*look youtube videos

*read another non IB related book

The third one is the worst right now... I fill up my head with other information other than my IB classes... HELP

Yeah I had the same problem..

Here are some things you could possibly do/think about:

1. Set yourself a goal. What do you want to achieve? 30? 35? 45? If so ask yourself how you're going to get that score..

2. Make a plan. Give yourself definite deadlines. Instead of saying, "I'm going to make all my notes on The Handmaid's Tale by the end of today!" Make your plan more defined (and be realistic!!) E.g. I'm going to write comprehensive notes on the characterisation of male characters in The handmaid's tale before lunch (11.30).

3. Find what motivates you. Could it be your dream? Could it be chocolate?

4. Exercise. This actually works for me.. So just go out and have a jog to get your blood pumping. Then sit down STRAIGHT AWAY and start doing work. What is even better is if you play a musical instrument. I find that it really stimulates your brain.. just playing for about 20 min or so (not too long) and then start working straight away.

5. Give yourself a specific, well defined break period.

6. Make a realistic assessment of yourself. Are you being a slacker? What are the consequences of you not working now? Extreme stress later on?

Are you showing your true potential?

7. Think about the competition. I know that IB isn't that competitive, but competition really motivates me. Just think about ALL that studying someone in England is doing to get into Cambridge or whatever.. :/

I could give you more specific advice. If so, pop me an email to maybe give more details?

xx

Personally, these are the things I observe to be able to get ready for a test.

1. Do not cram. (unless you're okay about it). I generally feel more comfortable if I don't cram. When I do, I feel terribly uncomfortable.

2. Do not eat a lot before a test. Your reaction for the test will be harder/take longer. Instead, read small, short parts.

3. Do not sleep late before a test. It just feels awful, and you won't have concentration!

Set a specific time, and stick to it. I use this. Set a goal for what you want to accomplish and predict how much time it'll take you. Then come up with a punishment for yourself if you don't . The punishment shouldn't be major, but enough to motivate you. My punishment was eating a slice of Zucchini, I HATE Zucchini.

If you need to read a book other then IB before a test to calm down, make sure to read throw away books that really have nothing worth remembering in them, meaning no deeper morals, no mythology or historic references. Nada. Like a book written for normal non-IB teens. :P

Set a specific time, and stick to it. I use this. Set a goal for what you want to accomplish and predict how much time it'll take you. Then come up with a punishment for yourself if you don't . The punishment shouldn't be major, but enough to motivate you. My punishment was eating a slice of Zucchini, I HATE Zucchini.

If you need to read a book other then IB before a test to calm down, make sure to read throw away books that really have nothing worth remembering in them, meaning no deeper morals, no mythology or historic references. Nada. Like a book written for normal non-IB teens. :P

Thank you Hexa, but believe me when I tell you that my body is working against me... I was sick for 5 days and suddenly I discover I have "talent" for dancing because I did a dance for my CAS project because I had never danced and it was a challenge for me... but now people keep telling me to pursue an art related career which is the complete opposite of what I'm studying (mostly science classes) and Ive started to like dancing... T___T look and judge please and tell me more... what should I do?

youtube.com/watch?v=CKJ6h-zCjpA